Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 10:44pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act Scheduled for House Floor on Tuesday

H.R. 822—the “National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011” is scheduled for a vote on the U.S. House floor this Tuesday, November 15.

A link to the call to action article is below:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=7169

The civil right of self protection is not one that should stop when we cross the border of our state and go into another.

A link to an op-ed is below:

http://townhall.com/columnists/chris...dom/page/full/
    Last edited by BadUglyMagic; 11/11/2011 10:49pm at .

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 10:50pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While Im not against it, I don't see State politicians voting for it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 1:17pm

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would be more convenient for concealed carry during travel. The process for a one-year LEO carry (for retired) is a major pain in the butt. This would be a whole lot easier.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 7:37pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watched the Judiciary Committee discussion on CSPAN last night.

The conversation seemed reasonable as far as which states would be excluded, etc. until Louise Slaughter questioned interpretation of the Second Amendment. She then said that states where concealed carry was allowed, law enforcement deaths had increased. Gabrielle Giffords was also mentioned, though the perpetrator didn't have a permit to carry. Then the discussion moved to gay marriage.

In short, I don't expect it to pass.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking politicians!! They are just useless!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 9:44pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pro-2A but I'm against this. It should be the states right to decide on what threshhold they want to issue carry permits or anything else like that. Yes, I do think they should all be moving to standards that don't effectively make carry permits unobtainable for most people, but it shouldn't be through means like this. Honestly, its kinda crazy to think that its right for the resident of a state not to be able to carry, but some visitor can. State law should apply same to everyone.

On a side note, now that I've moved to California, when I'm considered a CA resident my FL permit may be no good even if this law does pass. I'm conflicted about this law but my ideologies tell me this law should not pass.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 12:22am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It passed the House today. I just received my update from the NRA.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 3:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Fucking politicians!! They are just useless!
    dealing with politicians = trying to give an IQ test to a retarded kid in the middle of a candy store with pokemon cartoons playing on the wall mounted TV.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I'm pro-2A but I'm against this. It should be the states right to decide on what threshhold they want to issue carry permits or anything else like that. Yes, I do think they should all be moving to standards that don't effectively make carry permits unobtainable for most people, but it shouldn't be through means like this. Honestly, its kinda crazy to think that its right for the resident of a state not to be able to carry, but some visitor can. State law should apply same to everyone.

On a side note, now that I've moved to California, when I'm considered a CA resident my FL permit may be no good even if this law does pass. I'm conflicted about this law but my ideologies tell me this law should not pass.
    We had something like this going on locally. We had a county that would not allow you to cary in certain areas, but the county next to it would. It was causing some confusion among local residents. So it was appealed to the Florida courts and turned out that one of the counties was being more restrictive in the right to cary than the state law allowed. So their county law was overturned.

It was interesting because in the past, the county was allowed to be more restrictive on laws because they were not less restrictive and thus didn't allow the person to do something that was in violation of the law. This instance was different because while the county restricted further than the law, it was in violation of a person's civil rights (in the eyes of the courts).
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post
    dealing with politicians = trying to give an IQ test to a retarded kid in the middle of a candy store with pokemon cartoons playing on the wall mounted TV.
    That's a very good example!!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 12:11pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember that about FL (BTW, diesel tke, we never got to meet up before I moved out of north central fla!)

Counties don't have their own power beyond whats given by the state constitution. A bit different. States each have powers given to them by the US constitution. Counties don't. A state constitution may do so at any time, but it can also pull that power any time. I don't think it should be the same for the federal constitution.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast