Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 6:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Israel Velez III American Modern Jujitsu and BJJ Black Belt.

In 2006 a Bullshido poster started a thread about American Modern Jujitsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny3443 View Post
    I found this place in my net searching. This is it!! I thought I would have to join a school and train for the better part of a decade before I got my black belt! All I need to do is get these videos and practice hard and I’ll get my black belt in a year. http://www.amj.iwarp.com/index.html

BS you say, well they are a recognized system, world wide even. http://www.amj.iwarp.com/shopping_page.html

This is going to change the arts forever!!

OK maybe some of you have seen this one before, but I haven’t. (I did do a search first) I just love that they are allover the “American jujitsu” thing. -john
    Five years later, a poster named bulldog1 brought the thread back to life. He claimed that Israel Velez III sells ranks in multiple different martial arts. He also made the claim that it was a quid pro quo arrangement. He'd certify Bulldog1 as a 7th Dan in American Modern Jujitsu if Israel Velez III was certified a 6th Dan in American Kempo.

A poster claiming to be Israel Velez appeared claiming a 2nd Dan in BJJ and a Black Belt in Judo. He also claims rank in multiple styles and being awarded a Master title at 25.

On his website Israel Velez III claims:
    Trained Under :
    Israel Velez JR. My father ( Karate , wrestling , and street fighting )
    Carmen Puglio ( Goju , Karate )
    Michael Carmiche ( Jujitsu , Boxing )
    Jeffrey Moore ( Jujitsu Home Study )
    Quoc L Tran ( Tinh Vo Dao )
    Paul Corrigan ( TJD Kempo Home Study )
    Al Lilly ( wrestling )
    Ed Graf ( mixed martial arts , judo , aikido , karate )
    Frank Shamrock ( ankle locks , knee bars , heel hooks ) one lesson
    Dan Severn ( wrestling ) one lesson .

DLMA , BHMA , USSJA, IBF, & Modern Martial Arts Hall of Fame member
    DLMA World Champion in Board Breaking

Golden Dragon Dojo New York: 7th degree black belt 2010

Shinja Martial Arts University HeadMasters Council Awards Master Velez 8th Degree Black Belt

2010 :GrandMaster Robert Olah Grades Master Velez and Awards him Grandmaster status in Karate-Jujitsu

2011 : MASTER LAZARO BUENO GRADES MASTER VELEZ AND AWARDS HIM A 2ND DEGREE BLACK BELT IN COMBAT BRAZILIAN JIU - JITSU. MASTER SIXTO LOPEZ GRADES AND AWARDS MASTER VELEZ A BLACK BELT IN BRAZILIAN JIU - JITSU. MASTER AARON ST. LOUIS GRADES AND AWARDS MASTER VELEZ FULL INSTRUCTOR TITLE IN JEET KUNE DO. AMJ MASTERS AND INSTRUCTORS AWARD MASTER VELEZ HIS 10TH DEGREE BLACK BELT.
    His recent claims include:
    Quote Originally Posted by master velez View Post
    i got a 2nd dan in in bjj and named my instructor. so take away the combat bjj i earned that is a street style that i did not create ,but i am still a 2nd dan in bjj.
    and:
    you guys started this. all you care about is ufc and mma and the cage. there is more to the arts than that !!!!!!! you just can not stand that i do what i do. change the page. i earned black belts in dojo's. so how could i be a fraud. because i sell my amj. i am the founder. outside of amj , i earned rank at the house of empty hands in maplewood nj and yoshin ryu combat academy in denville nj. so how could i be a fraud. i earned my stripes grew up in the dojo. was in the dojo from 5 to 25 years old in tae kwon do and goju ryu karate , aikido , judo , jujitsu.

keep calling people a fraud when we are not !
    Now, here are his original posts before he went back and edited out his lineage:
    Laz is a 2nd dan in bjj and he does not rank people in bjj. He founded combat bjj. I earned my first dan under master sixto lopez.

Got my 2nd dan under master troy schmidt.

I also did bjj with a man that was and is special forces in the us army. Will not and can not post his name. Trained with him in bjj and mma. And we all know the gracies trained rangers.

Master lopez master was under the gracies. Master cross. Master schmidt master was under the gracies. How about this . I am not selling bjj black belts and i am not with the graices. The people i trained with or ranked me did or are connected in one way or another. Take away my bjj ranks. And i am still a master. You think all the feds i am a member under are fakes. So all these men are fake. We are all fake.

Frienemey you are drinking more than hateraide. My father is a high ranking black belt and ranked me and trained me my whole life. Master michael carmiche ranked me and i trained with him for years.

Master tran is in 70 martial arts hall of fames and trained and ranked me and he is in the amj too.

Master john lengyel the founder of a.s.k , ranked me . He is fake. Don't think so . He is an 8th dan.

Jeffrey moore yoshin ryu jujitsu is a great home study and i am proud to have done it. I have done seminars with the who is who in the arts. Al lilly my wrestling coach is not fake. My father was all city wrestling champion. Captain of his wrestling team in high school . Was and is a master. Just training under him makes me real buddy. I am done. Put up or shut up. Lets see your resume and lets see your videos..
    2nd dan under troy schmidt , troy was under tom bosma.
    Here is his BJJ explanation and teachers
    Laz is a 2nd dan in bjj and he does not rank people in bjj. He founded combat bjj.
    I stopped doing forms in my mid 20's. I am not doing kenpo in that video. I am hitting the heavy bag. Did forms in goju ryu karate and tkd growing up.
    Kenpo rank under robert olah. Easy to judge my youtube. Can i see your videos ?.

As people worked on the YMAS thread, a huge ring of questionable people were named and related to Israel Velez's organizations.
    Basically an inordinate amount of Israel's ranks are awarded by questionable people to outright proven frauds.

For example:
    Sixto D. Lopez AKA: Sixfist
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105227
    He stopped posting when I warned him I was gathering information for proof. I have already started a partial investigation on Sixto D. Lopez because of another thread.

Lazaro Bueno is another guy that gave him rank:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106552

MASTER LAZARO BUENO IS A CERTIFIED AMJ INSTRUCTOR AND THE ONLY INSTRUCTOR AND FOUNDER OF COMBAT BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU . HE IS ALSO THE FOUNDER OF HOKUTO SHINKEN - THE ASSASSINATION ART. THIS ART IS THE WORLDS ONLY COMBAT SYSTEM DEVELOPED FOR BODYGUARDS.
    As was noted in the thread above this was STOLEN from the Anime/Manga Fist of the Northstar.

There are also the spurious claims are one off:
    Frank Shamrock ( ankle locks , knee bars , heel hooks ) one lesson
    Dan Severn ( wrestling ) one lesson.

http://www.amj.iwarp.com/photo4_1.html
    PRESENT : The DLMA World Championships
    2009 DLMA / IBF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS RESULTS :
    TOM CLEAVER 1ST PLACE WEAPONS KATA
    CLYDE SURRETT 1ST PLACE TRADITIONAL KATA
    THOR SULLAND 1ST PLACE SELF DEFENCE TECHNIQUES
    CONCRETE SLAB BREAKING
    PAUL CORRIGAN 1ST PLACE HEEL PALM 1 X 2 INCH
    CLYDE SURRETT 1ST PLACE CAP BLACK 1 X 2 INCH
    BOARD BREAKING NO SPACERS
    ISRAEL VELEZ 3RD 1ST PLACE 7 BOARDS ELBOW BREAK
    ISRAEL VELEZ 3RD 1ST PLACE 4 BOARDS FOOT STOMP
    PAUL CORRIGAN 1ST PLACE 3 BOARDS DOWNWARD FIST
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/17/2011 6:35pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 6:52pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Relevant posts from the original thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    Came from a goju - tkd back ground and grew up a wrestler.
    I am guessing your TKD came from Olah, but who ranked you in Goju-ryu? This is a style I am very familiar with and know many of the Goju-ryu Instructors here in the USA.

Earned my 5th dan in goju and karate in 2005 and earned other high ranks in 06. My point is if i took away all my ranks and website. I still know grappling and karate.
    If we take away your claimed Goju-ryu ranks, which other styles of Karate do you have rank in?

And there is kick boxing, aikido , goju , jkd , kenpo. Just to name a few. Run with this and quote me like hell .

Master velez
    OK, who trained and/or ranked you in: Kickboxing, aikido, JKD?

I did not ask about the Goju(it seemed redundant to ask it again) and I will be inquiring about Mr. Solomon's "kenpo" background. While you are at it, go ahead and name the other styles you have rank in and who ranked you, I am sure they can have a MABS thread on them as well.

solomon was gary alexader's student for 10 years !!!! he is legit fools !!!!
    I don't care if he trained in Isshinryu under Gary Alexander. It has already been debated elsewhere whether or not Alexander is legit to claim as high of a rank in Isshinryu that he does. Currently, those of us that train in Isshinryu, only recognize two 10th Dans in Isshinryu. They are Tatsuo Shimabuku's son, Kichiro Shimabuku, and Tatsuo Shimabuku's son-in-law, Angi Uezu. Master Uezu is my instructor's instructor.

make fun of my breaking too ! i know boards don't hit back . you all do 7 boards no spacers !!!
    OK, I have broken 5 pavers with no spacers using a palm heal, but I will jump on that one very quickly.

I am a 6th dan american kenpo !
    Ranked by whom? If you say it is Mr. Solomon, guess again. And before you get started, I am ranked in American Kenpo by Mr. John Sepulveda, who was a direct student of Ed Parker and holds a legit 9th degree black belt in American Kenpo.

I am also still waiting on whoyou trained with in Goju-ryu also. I will not resort to name calling, but I want my questions answered.
    Mister Valez, thank you for providing the information on who your "Kenpo" instructors are. I checked out the backgrounds of Robert Olah and Pete Solomon.

Mr. Olah has no mention of being a kenpo BB other then his connection to you and Mr. Solomon. It states on the Shinja martial arts website that Mr. Olah is a TKD black belt, not a kenpo black belt. I know, he can have more than one black belt, but I have not found where it states that he has one out side of the aforementioned link to you and Mr. Solomon.

Mr. Solomon has no mention of who he trained under to attain his rank in Okinawan Kenpo. I see that Mr. Solomon created his own systems(two of them) upon his leaving the military(taken from Mr. Solomon's website) and that one of the systems has no kata. It also says that the style can be learned in a few months. All fine and dandy, but it is NOT kenpo.

I know these other two may warrant their own investigations, but I have this down deep feeling that what we have going on here is a "circle jerk" ranking scheme.

PS-I train BJJ under Master Pedro Sauer at one of his affiliate schools. In BJJ I am a 4 stripe white belt, prepping for my Blue Belt test. Since everyone else is listing their BJJ rank I felt like mine needed to be placed here also.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 7:19pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More relevant posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    2nd dan under troy schmidt , troy was under tom bosma.
    This would be a huge coincidence if you are talking about different people. When I trained under Steve Anderson I was able to attend the Battle of Indianapolis every year it was held. There was a Troy Schmidt who went one year, and only one year, claiming high rank in American Kempo, I remember the "m" over the "n" when he talked. He also claimed a great deal of grappling experience which I don't remember much about because I didn't really talk to him much. Steve Anderson, who was a decent karateka, but not near the level Troy was claiming, kicked the **** out him in several separate events, including a judo match, which he had very very little experience in. He wasn't the only one either, the man lost every match in every event he was in.

I realise the possibility that this could a completely different guy, but what makes it harder is the fact that his trainer, was a man named Thomas Bosma, who was also the one that secured his Troy's seat to the event.

Since you don't seem to know much, or for whatever reason, don't want to tell anything... I doubt you'll know anything, or be willing to tell it if you do, about either guy's competitive history. Either way, it seems strange the ones you are willing to mention are known frauds and you won't tell anything else.
    Update on Solomon: I have been in touch with Mr. Solomon about his Kenpo claims. He has stated that he has trained in Tracy's Kenpo and Dragon Kenpo. I have sent him a request for further info on who his instructors are. I was able to find Mr. Solomon's name on the Dragon Kenpo website. The Dragon Kenpo he is ranked in is a rank by video type. This pre-investigation is turning my brain 10 ways to Sunday. So the plot thickens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 11:38pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I will make an update here as I am not 100% sure if it needs to be in the MABS thread. Apparently Mr. Solomon has now closed down his youtube account. So, I guess this means I will not be getting an answer about his Kenpo training history. I am guessing that their little circle jerk is now closing in on itself. Anyone want to venture a guess that they will rename their junk and try to market it under their new name?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 1:05am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you go on Lazaro Bueno's facebook page you will see he has all these certificates but none from legit BJJ Federations. He even has one from Lopez Vale Tudo International. I checked it out and its someting Sexto Lopez started. Neither one of these guys have any BJJ training.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4055409&type=3

http://www.lopezvaletudo.blogspot.com/

This is Lazaro's website....don't laugh too hard.

http://www.hokutoshinken.com
    Last edited by Team Python; 10/18/2011 1:22am at .

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 3:02am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    If you go on Lazaro Bueno's facebook page you will see he has all these certificates but none from legit BJJ Federations. He even has one from Lopez Vale Tudo International. I checked it out and its someting Sexto Lopez started. Neither one of these guys have any BJJ training.

http://www.hokutoshinken.com
    Holy ****... He imbedded the tron soundtrack into his webpage? With the tagline "Enter the grid: truth in combat". Terrible.

I'd like to go on record stating that I don't believe he legitimately licensed that. :p
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 3:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What to do with certificates are registered or not. He is doing his work effectively.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 4:35am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by master velez
    I also did bjj with a man that was and is special forces in the us army. Will not and can not post his name. Trained with him in bjj and mma. And we all know the gracies trained rangers.
    WHOA! Missed this. Who did you train with!?!? I just left Fort Bragg, NC and I pretty much every BJJ BB who is in Special Forces or Special Operations. If I don't know him then I know the others I know would, ITS THAT SMALL OF A COMMUNITY! So who was it. Tim Kennedy, Alan Sherabo, Andrew Chapplle, Curly? WHO!?! Don't give me that you can't or won't post his name BS because if you don't you are just proving yourself a LIAR! And don't think you will just throw out a name and won't get it checked because everyone I just name I know personally! I have trained and/or competed against them. (Hint there is even video on this site of it!) As for the Gracies training the Rangers. Yeah SFC (ret) Matt Larsen and a few others wen to Cali to train with the Gracies then come back and develop MACP. I know this well because I am one of the earlier certified Instructors. (Which is also easily verified by Larsen or contacting the Combatives school at Ft Benning) So fess up or STFU.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 7:48am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post

If you look above I mention the guy. I know, a ton of words to read.
    This is the art I mentioned that was stolen from the Manga/Anime Fist of the North Star. This is an utterly fabricated art. It is 100% bullshido.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokuto_Shinken
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/18/2011 7:52am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 10:01am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After doing some more research on Mr. Solomon, I found some interesting links to Mr. Valez and apparently Mr. Solomon is also linked to Lazaro Bureno through these guys: http://www.wzkka.com/aboutus.htm

If you look at this sight: http://sgjfederation.com/?page_id=56 you can see the following information.
    Master Solomon’s Ranks

6th Degree Hizoku Kenpo,,(founder)
    6th Degree Hizokukai Karate-do
    6th Degree American modern Jujitsu
    6th Degree free style karate
    6th Degree Shioka waza (pressure points)
    5th Degree Tatakai Jikoboei do kempo
    5th Degree Fusho-Satori-ryu
    4th Degree Sekkinsen Goshin-jitsu
    3rd Degree Dragon Kenpo
    2nd Degree shorin ryu Karate
    1st degree Judo
    He holds a Master Cerificate in Hizoku Kenpo hizokukai karate and also American Modern Jujitsu and a Master Certificate and Instructors in Tatakai Jikoboei Do Kenpo, A Master Iinstructors certificate in Sekkinsen goshin-jitsu and a Instructors certificate in Dragon Kenpo

It shows that Mr. Solomon has been elevated in rank by Mr. Valez, in Mr. Valez's system. It also shows that Mr. Solomon claims a rank of 3rd degree BB in Dragon Kenpo, but Mr. Valez is claiming to be a 6th degree in American Kenpo. Mr. Valez claims that Mr. Solomon is his Kenpo instructor, but Mr. Solomon is not an American Kenpo Instructor and he makes no mention of any rank in American Kenpo. Seems like they are all promoting each other simultaneously in each others schools in an attempt to make it look legitimate.

Mr. Valez stated that Mr. Solomon was a student of Gary Alexander, an Isshinryu instructor, but he has not stated anywhere that he has rank in Isshinryu. The only rank I find him claiming is in Shorin-ryu. Again, their information is not matching up.

I have no contacts in the Judo community, but if any of the Judo guys want to pursue their claims in Judo.....

This is all I have as of this moment, but I will continue my digging.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast