Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/13/2011 1:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Arkansas College - Martial Arts?

Run by Marty Cale in Fayetteville, AR.

His website says they teach Krav Maga and Marty's creation of Combative Ju Jitsu. His site also claims that he is in the United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame. The owner is apparently a world renowned Krav Maga instructor also.

Professor Marty Cale
    10th Degree Black Belt - Founder White Tiger Kenpo JuJitsu
    6th Degree Black Belt - Combative JuJitsu
    President of the International Martial Arts Council & United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame

His "Combative JuJitsu" also has a belt system that he has created.

I would just like to know if this is a trustworthy place to train and if all of Marty Cale's credentials are all true.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2011 1:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy IS actually the president of IMAC.

Don't let the fancy title fool you. Most people here willtell you that IMAC is an organization that promotes bullshido. IMAC is essentially an organization that you pay to get promoted by. One guy gives ranks to the other guys, who gives another rank back to him, which results in guys with huge resumes and no idea what they're doing (see below.) I guess you could call it rank trading.

Basically, instead of him being the average bullshido practitioner, he's kind of a major ringleader of bullshido.

There is more info on IMAC here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=88510&page=1

This is his actual list of credentials:

White Tiger Kenpo Karate 10th Degree Black Belt
    American Combat Kickboxing 10th Degree Black Belt (Honorary)
    Jujitsu 6th Degree Black Belt
    Okinawa Te 4th Degree Black Belt
    Kobudo 3rd Degree Black Belt
    American Karate 2nd Degree Black Belt
    Tae Kwon Do 1st Degree Black Belt
    Jeet Kune Do Certified Instructor
    Krav Maga Certified Instructor
    Law Enforcement Tactics Certified Instructor
    Cane Masters, Master Instructor

The first two ranks are almost certainly real, considering one is honorary, and one is in his own style, so he just gave it to himself. The others may or may not be legit due to the aforementioned rank trading/buying.

So I can't tell you if he's safe to train with since I've never taken any of his classes and I don't actually know what any of his ranks are, but you should be aware that he is definitely participating in some shadiness.
    Last edited by CarotidCrank; 8/13/2011 2:03am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2011 2:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Firefox bugged out before I could finish that last post.

He's also the president of the United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame, which literally makes him the top of the pyramid when it comes to bullshit in martial arts.

Would stay far away if you want to do anything other than pay exorbitant amounts for a "good workout."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 8:20pm

Style: kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there is still a judo club at the jones center in springdale, much better than a made up martial art from a shister.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Total BS

http://imacusa.com/testing.html

© 2006-Present International Martial Arts Council of America. All Rights Reserved.

Site Designed and Maintained By:

IMAC Brochure
    IMAC Membership Form

Testing and Registry

Testing and Promotion Fees

Promotion For Ranks Below Black Belt

$ 25.00

Shodan (1st Degree Black Belt)

$125.00

Nidan (2nd Degree Black Belt)

$150.00

Sandan (3rd Degree Black Belt)

$175.00

Yondan (4th Degree Black Belt)

$200.00

Godan (5th Degree Black Belt)

$225.00

Rokudan (6th Degree Black Belt)

$250.00

Shichidan (7th Degree Black Belt)

$275.00

Hachidan (8th Degree Black Belt)

$300.00

Kudan (9th Degree Black Belt)

$325.00

Judan (10th Degree Black Belt)

$350.00

All members seeking testing must contact IMAC directly and complete a rank application. Only those ready for testing will be allowed to advance in rank.

While each IMAC member school remains autonomous, having a studentís rank recognized by an international martial arts organization is a great source both of pride and retention. It also assists students who may be moving or relocating by having their rank recognized by another martial arts school.

IMAC provides its member schools with the option of having their students issued IMAC certificates in addition to (or in lieu of) their own schoolís rank certificates. IMAC rank certificates are attractive, high quality certificates that are suitable for framing, and something your students will be proud of.

If you are an instructor who needs to advance, IMAC can assist here as well. Based upon time and grade, as well as experience and skill, a panel of IMAC instructors can provide rank advancement as well as Instructor and Master Instructor certification.

A Grandmasterís Council is convened at every National Training Camp to facilitate instructor rank advancement. For instructors who are unable to attend the NTC, IMAC can be contacted to arrange a limited number of instructor rank advancement panels during the year.

IMAC can also provide registration and recognition of current rank with proper documentation.

Registration of Current Rank (each)

$25.00

Instructor Certificate

$50.00

Master Instructor Certificate (5th Dan & up)

$50.00

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2011 5:40pm

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkjudo View Post
    I think there is still a judo club at the jones center in springdale, much better than a made up martial art from a shister.
    The judo club is in fact still there. That's where I do judo.

As for Marty Cale, I could go and pay him a visit in person and ask some questions.

Posted On:
    8/24/2011 8:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo, muay thai novice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    The judo club is in fact still there. That's where I do judo.

As for Marty Cale, I could go and pay him a visit in person and ask some questions.
    I also train at Ark Judo. I'm Kevin, who are you? It's a solid club.with solid folks.

As for Marty Cale, bullshido of the highest order. Stay away. That guy changes his bio every couple of years. In the 80' s it was combat karate, 90's, Jeet kun do Kenpo kuk sool. Kickboxing. Nowadays his bio reads like he is a master grappler( he is not, I know people who have trained with him) and his big money maker now is Krav. This guy literally changes with the seasons , and he has made tons of money in this area off of the gullible. Contracts required and all that.

I ran into some of his students( they were wearing his krav shirts) asked them about his grappling" oh, master cale is a master grappler and we do bjj, but combative jj is so much better.). I think he has an instructor who has one of those gracie combatives blue belts.

Basically this is nothing more than a bad kenpo school, who changes their sign according to the newest craze in martial arts.

No ,I won't go to his school either to question him because I literally despise everything this guy stands for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2011 1:45pm

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guth View Post
    I also train at Ark Judo. I'm Kevin, who are you? It's a solid club.with solid folks.

As for Marty Cale, bullshido of the highest order. Stay away. That guy changes his bio every couple of years. In the 80' s it was combat karate, 90's, Jeet kun do Kenpo kuk sool. Kickboxing. Nowadays his bio reads like he is a master grappler( he is not, I know people who have trained with him) and his big money maker now is Krav. This guy literally changes with the seasons , and he has made tons of money in this area off of the gullible. Contracts required and all that.

I ran into some of his students( they were wearing his krav shirts) asked them about his grappling" oh, master cale is a master grappler and we do bjj, but combative jj is so much better.). I think he has an instructor who has one of those gracie combatives blue belts.

Basically this is nothing more than a bad kenpo school, who changes their sign according to the newest craze in martial arts.

No ,I won't go to his school either to question him because I literally despise everything this guy stands for.
    Hey Kevin, it's Rob. See you guys next Saturday.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 10:47am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice. i was at Ark Judo for a couple months. i've actually thought about dragging my lazy ass back in to train.

i just kept having nagging injuries and couldn't keep up with the pace that Jeremy and Sensei Dobbs wanted to train.

also, i know of just about every legitimate school/instructor in the area and he is not one i would train with or send my kids to train with.
    Last edited by kismasher; 8/30/2011 10:54am at .