Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 9:10am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Texas Freestyle Sambo Championship (gi & no-gi divisions) - This weekend - August 6th

Cedar Park, Texas will be home to the 2011 Texas Open Freestyle Sambo State Championships on Saturday, August 6th, 2011. The event is sanctioned by the American Sambo Association and competitors from all disciplines are encouraged to attend. Even if you are not competing, come on out, watch the event and learn more about Sambo. We are working to advance the knowledge and practice of Sambo within the state of Texas, so let's give the American Sambo Association another BIG Texas welcome!

For this tournament, there will be both Gi and No-Gi Divisions. The American Freestyle Sambo Rules will apply for all divisions.

Winners and competitors who place will get medals and points standing with the American Sambo Association. In addition to medal spots, winners for Best Throw, Fastest Submission and Best Overall Match will be awarded with custom-made tactical fighting knives from Harris Knives.

We will screen the "New York Mixed Martial Arts" documentary at the conclusion of the Texas Open Freestyle Sambo Championships! We will be collecting doantions as well to help support the film, festival applications, production costs, etc. So, come by the event, see some great grappling AND an great movie!
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 11:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great times! Here is a write up and full results from US Combat Sports:
    http://uscombatsports.com/index.php?...449&Itemid=286
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 9:54pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Great times! Here is a write up and full results from US Combat Sports:
    http://uscombatsports.com/index.php?...449&Itemid=286
    Thanks to the ASA for gracing our state. The more of a presence Sambo has in Texas, the better as far as I'm concerned.

A big congratulations goes out to Richard Crenwelge from Monolith Training Center for winning the Freestyle Sambo 66kg division. I have trained with Richard, and am not surprised he won.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 11:21pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Waiting for video highlights.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 5:50am

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Thanks to the ASA for gracing our state. The more of a presence Sambo has in Texas, the better as far as I'm concerned.

A big congratulations goes out to Richard Crenwelge from Monolith Training Center for winning the Freestyle Sambo 66kg division. I have trained with Richard, and am not surprised he won.
    Thank you. I appreciate that.

I would love to see some video, whenever Grant is able to post that up. There were some incredible competitors there.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 9:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmonk View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate that.

I would love to see some video, whenever Grant is able to post that up. There were some incredible competitors there.
    I have video of the whole event, not sure of the quality yet because different folks were manning the camera at different times. But, I do have it and will get a reel up soon.

The event was a blast. I always love my trips to Texas. Can't believe I have been there 7 times in the last 3 years....and still have not met jnp!

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 11:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combat Sambo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of work, time and money went into this event and I am really thankful to all the warriors and schools that showed support for this event. This event was a success and I will make this an annual event.

Getting a medal in Sambo is tough as there isnít the typical break downs ofskill level divisions that you see in most tournaments. You can have a guy with 4 months experience go against a guy with 6 years experience.

If anyone wants to train Sambo, I invite you to make an effort to come by and train at Eclectic Combat Systems. I have worked very hard to do my part to pioneer Sambo in Texas and as the TOP ASA rated Sambo school in the area and we train it the right way, everyday.

I am really proud of all my guys from Eclectic Combat Systems ( ECS MMA) that competed in their divisons. Part of the battle is showing up and testing yourself. That is the Sambo way. The guys that won and lost now know where to improve and how important consistent training and proper weight class is for success.

ECS brought home 2 gold. 5 silver, and 1 bronze. We also brought home the coveted best throw award in no gi.

Regards,

Coach Grant

Head Sambo and Jiu-Jitsu coach.

www.ecsmma.com

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 11:40am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Richard-- You so earned the Dynamic Entry award. Your leg lock setups wheresweet! See you around my friend.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecsgrant View Post
    Richard-- You so earned the Dynamic Entry award. Your leg lock setups wheresweet! See you around my friend.
    Thank you. I did a ton of repetitions on those setups for the tournament. I should be back up there next week sometime, so I'll see you then.

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 5:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Repetition is the mother of skill. Your hard work paid off and you got a custom fighting Knife and some bling. Good day for Richard. See you around man :-)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast