Style: 
    Nothing - yet

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 7:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What harm does it do?

• Claiming to be something that you're not in the martial arts, I mean...

Dunno if any of you have been following the Skip Hall debacle on the UG, but this is an example of what can happen when a kid (blue shorts) trains UFC with a coach whom, in light of recent revelations, would seem was better at talking the talk than walking the walk.
    • English

Registered Member

Style: 
    Kickboxin & Shootfightin

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 8:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What harm does it do?

hmmm,I'd be curious to know if the other guy had any previous fights,because blue shorts looked severely outclassed and the other guy looked like he had his **** together (experience?).

Blue shorts didn't look like he had alot of experience, but nothin different from what i would expect from a first time novice fighter.

Not sure how things werk elsewhere,but MMA can be notorious for gettin set-up against more expereinced opponent.

Banzai Buddy

Style: 
    Nothing - yet

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 9:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhil889 View Post
    hmmm,I'd be curious to know if the other guy had any previous fights,because blue shorts looked severely outclassed and the other guy looked like he had his **** together (experience?).

Blue shorts didn't look like he had alot of experience, but nothin different from what i would expect from a first time novice fighter.

Not sure how things werk elsewhere,but MMA can be notorious for gettin set-up against more expereinced opponent.
    This is the winner:
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Adrian-Miles-48251

Judging by the vid's upload date, this happened before the earliest listed fight on there.

On the UG thread, opinions are divided about whether the kid knew that his coach was full of it...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....823209&page=89

Registered Member

Style: 
    Kickboxin & Shootfightin

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 4:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What harm does it do?

Oh dear. Looks like blue shorts was a lamb to the slaughter,not just because he was new,but because his training seems to have left alot out. He does still look like a first timer,and the other guy still looks like he had his **** together,but there's a measure of training diff there.

Not necessarily feelin sorry for blue shorts cuz there seems to be a bit of karma goin on there,but ....well,just OW!

thanks for the link.
    Last edited by KiwiPhil889; 6/09/2011 4:07am at .