Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/15/2011 7:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido Yuishinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ki Stories

I have used the search button for this forum and found very little on Ki stories.

No, I'm not a believer, I just enjoy a good laugh.

Does/Would anyone have any stories to share about your experiences with people from Aikido preaching about Ki. This involves Ki Tests, lectures about not extending enough Ki and what not.

So does anyone have any ridiculous/funny/pathetic/stupid Ki stories and experiences to share? (including the "oh so deadly NO touch throw")

:problem:

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/15/2011 7:08am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello again, looks like I've caught you in the wilderness, now you're fair game ^^.

Firstly, It's generally considered good etiquette to post an appropriate story for whatever topic you are asking about, or else you end up with essentially, a 'low content' post.

While questions are encouraged, voluntary sharing of experiences is encouraged in turn, and furthermore, while I appreciate that you wish me well in my Judo training, you might notice that I also pointed out that it was 2004. This year is 2011. If you're actually interested in my training, check out my MMA training log; link in signature. If you're actually not interested, don't bother mentioning it in future. Your response read like a response written in haste with little care given to the content of the previous post.

In any case, the kind of stories you are after, I can assure you, are a dime a dozen.
    As for finding these stories with ease, just search google for bullshido related content and you will find a metric fuckton.

Here is one such story: Steven Seagal (Seagull Steve) Aikido 7th Dan claimed to be able to use 'Ki' power in his neck to prevent himself from choking out.

Full story below:

Posted On:
    5/15/2011 10:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, because I don't practice with stupid people who train stupid things.

You should try putting stuff like this in YMAS next time. This place is theoretically serious discussion, plus in YMAS you'll get CMAers reading it too who might have chi stories to contribute.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/15/2011 10:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He said ki don't act like the JMAers don't have their stories. Ai KI do. Ai KI jujutsu.

Posted On:
    5/15/2011 7:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Too" and "contribute" imply that CMAers would be in addition to JMAers, not instead of.

P.S. I did have one elderly instructor who was also an Aikido black belt. The worst I can say is he had too much faith in how little strength mattered in a fight. He wasn't bad at karate though.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/15/2011 8:44pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    No, because I don't practice with stupid people who train stupid things.

You should try putting stuff like this in YMAS next time. This place is theoretically serious discussion, plus in YMAS you'll get CMAers reading it too who might have chi stories to contribute.
    When I was in college my room mate who did Aikido locked himself out of the room. He asked if I could kick in the door. I told him I had a better idea. I got into horse stance and got into position and palmed struck the door. The door opened up and he examined the door and there was no damage. He said "How'd you do that?"

I said "Kung Fu Expert".

Chi>Ki

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/15/2011 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Y'all know Chi and Ki have nothing on Qi (pronounced the same as chi but with a far deadlier voice)

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 3:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    "Too" and "contribute" imply that CMAers would be in addition to JMAers, not instead of.

P.S. I did have one elderly instructor who was also an Aikido black belt. The worst I can say is he had too much faith in how little strength mattered in a fight. He wasn't bad at karate though.
    He's a JMAer he can keep it right here.

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 6:05am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once went to an Aikido seminar run by this guy:

During the warm-up, we were doing some gentle back-rolls. (not right over, just kind of rocking back and forth)

The venue had two different types of mats thrown together to cope with the number of attendees, and my back was rolling across the join between the two significantly different thicknesses (uncomfortable), so I turned 90 degrees.

He told me to turn back the same way as everyone else, over the seam again, "so that everyone's ki is flowing in the same direction".

There was no winning me back from that comment.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 6:37pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post

He told me to turn back the same way as everyone else, over the seam again, "so that everyone's ki is flowing in the same direction".

There was no winning me back from that comment.
    Hahaha solid gold!
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast