223617 Bullies, 3617 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC Fight Night 24: Nogueira-Davis

Phil Davis overcame the toughest obstacle in his young career last night. In his fifth fight in the UFC and his eighth professional fight overall, Phil 'Mr. Wonderful' Davis defeated Antônio Rogério Nogueira by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) in the main event of the night.

Throughout the first round, Antônio managed to stuff four double-leg attempts while the two fighters struggled to earn a striking advantage. This changed in the second and third rounds when Davis changed his takedown of choice to a single leg. Davis managed to secure and maintain dominant positions over the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, who did not seem to threaten off his back. Davis won the fight in convincing fashion.

Also at UFC Fight Night 24:

Anthony Johnson won over Dan Hardy by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

In what was expected to be a showdown between two brawlers, Anthony Johnson wrestled his way to a safe unanimous decision. Dan Hardy has now lost three in a row in the UFC. He has not won a fight since UFC 105 in November 2009, where he earned his title shot.

Amir Sadollah defeated DaMarques Johnson by submission due to strikes (3:27, Round 2)

The fight started with a close first round in which Sadollah threw an accidental groin shot and both fighters worked their ground game. Sadollah seemed to get the better of the ground fighting, sweeping Johnson late in the first round. Sadollah effectively clinches and ground-and-pounds in the second. Johnson is forced to submit to powerful elbows by Sadollah after taking several powerful knees to the body.

Chan Sung Jung defeated Leonard Garcia by submission (twister) (4:59, Round 2)

The fight began with both Jung and Garcia gauging the other. Both fighters are noticeably calmer then at their first fight at WEC 48, trying to find their range. Neither seemed willing to throw like they did in their first encounter. Jung finished the round in full mount. The second round started slow but both fighters end up throwing flying knees. Jung again takes Garcia to the ground, landing some good elbows from Garcia's guard. Jung transitioned to the back and finished the fight by twister with one second left in the second.

Preliminary Bouts

Johny Hendricks defeated TJ Waldburger by technical knockout (1:35, Round 1)
    Aaron Simpson won over Mario Miranda by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
    Nik Lentz defeated Waylon Lowe by submission (guillotine) (3:24, Round 3)

Facebook Preliminary Bouts

Christian Morecraft defeated Sean McCorkle by technical submission (standing guillotine) (4:10, Round 2)
    Michael McDonald won over Edwin Figueroa by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
    John Hathaway won over Kris McCray by split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
    Mackens Semerzier defeated Alex Caceres by submission (rear naked choke) (3:18, Round 1)
    Mike Russow defeated Jon Madsen by technical knock out/doctor stoppage (5:00, Round 2)

Fight of the Night: Michael McDonald and Edwin Figueroa
    Knockout of the Night: Johny Hendricks
    Submission of the Night: Chan Sung Jung

:)

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chan Sung Jung defeated Leonard Garcia by submission (twister) (4:59, Round 2)
    as in titty twister? What move is that. Like a twisting choke of sorts?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 12:31am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You start to take the back, lock up of the guys legs with both of yours as he tries to turn in to you, get his arm behind your head, grab behind his head and crank on the neck. It's something of an esoteric submission. The only other time I've seen it in MMA was during an exhibition match on Human Weapon.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 6:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    as in titty twister? What move is that. Like a twisting choke of sorts?
    No, it's a spine crank. Like so:

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 8:26am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eddie Bravo is sooooooo happy about this one.

Also, did anyone notice how the Korean Zombie said he learned it from youtube? Sucks to be Leonard Garcia.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 9:34am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most people who do Eddie's stuff learned it from youtube, including myself. Which I think is why it has taken so long to show up in the big leagues.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 10:03am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Most people who do Eddie's stuff learned it from youtube, including myself. Which I think is why it has taken so long to show up in the big leagues.
    Probably so, although Rubber Guard has been showing up at high levels in MMA for a while - I think Daiju Takase was under Eddie Bravo when he beat Anderson Silva. That's at least 8-10 years.
    My (obtuse and unstated) point was that this reinforces the idiotic notion that one can learn how to grapple/fight from youtube. "Garcia got beat by something that dude learned off youtube, bro. Submissions101 is the bizness."

On topic, I want to see the un-aired prelims. (esp Morecraft McCorkle) Are they online? Links anyone?
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 10:09am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    On topic, I want to see the un-aired prelims. (esp Morecraft McCorkle) Are they online? Links anyone?
    They're still on Facebook. If you like 'UFC', go to their page and click on Live Video along the left. It's the second thumbnail along the top.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid