Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2011 12:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Product Review: Fight Soap

Something pretty interesting happened a few days ago, I was approached by the owner of Fight Soap and asked to do a review of his product. Now this is something totally new for me, but I am definitely up for it. My normal skin cleaning regimen had been girly body wash every day, and then once a week I took the dermatologistsí advice and used dandruff shampoo, because I didnít know where to get anything like Fight Soap. Iím really excited to try some of this soap out after writing the whole article about skin diseases you can get from training. If this stuff prevents it like it says it will, I will know a lot of happy fighters.

Thursday, 10/7, I got the soap and me being me, was super excited. They sent me a purple soap call Vicious Vixen. They also sent me this little yellow sample one, which is called Brazilian Bully. There are 5 different soaps each one with a unique name, and purpose, so I am excited they sent me two to try. The big selling point on these soaps, other than the fact they can kill pretty much anything on your skin that is creepy or crawly, is that they are ďmade with vegan friendly and all natural ingredients.Ē So this stuff wouldnít harm my skin with anything crazy and it was good for the environment. Sweet!

Vicious Vixen

Fight Soap actually has done something pretty cool with the Vicious Vixen. They made a strong soap, for the females in the sport. There may not be many of us females but the fact that they do have something for us in mind, is awesome. Iíve used it for almost a month now and I have got to say I love the stuff. The Vicious Vixen smells amazing and it has Shea butter in it so my skin still feels smooth! The nicest part is no matter how gross and sweaty I am after BJJ I jump in the shower, and the soap makes the gross grimy feeling go away. So I can still smell feminine but not have to worry about if my soap is strong enough.

Brazilian Bully

Iíve been using the Brazilian Bully to wash my face, mainly because it gets a lot more contact with gis and skinÖ And Iíve noticed Iím not getting the weird black heads I use to get. This is a big plus, my skin is clearing up!! The Brazilian Bully has a clean Citrus smell, great for waking up in the morning. Also the crushed apricot seed exfoliated my skin. Which think about it everything these soaps are made from are all natural. Apricot seeds as the exfoliating ingredient, very ingenious.

The thing I love, that I mentioned before is the scents. They donít smell like a hospital, or like sandalwood. So far Fight Soap comes in 5 different scents, all with varying ingredients. I will admit the boyfriend is loving the smell of the soap. He didnít know the smell was the Fight Soap. But after reading this he probably willÖ One month down and no ringworm, staph, etc. I know itís only been a month but I am definitely sold. I really like the feeling, the fact itís getting me very clean, and that I donít need to worry so much about the nasty stuff you can pick up on the mat. This soap is my new body wash.

All this being said. Fight Soap and any other heavy duty soap made to kill these diseases can only do so much. If you donít clean your gear, or help keep your gym mats clean, then you wonít be able to prevent everythingÖ sooner or later your luck will run out. So keep you stuff clean, wash with the right kind of soap, and you will keep yourself healthy!

Check out Fight Soap, the Fight Soap models, and the fight soap blog at fight-soap.com hope you guys enjoy!!

Pictures and links to their website can be found here at http://navitabjj.blogspot.com/2010/1...ight-soap.html

:)

Posted On:
    3/19/2011 2:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good review. I might try this. I use girly body wash, (and deoderant) as I think it's better, on the whole, than guy's....so I'm not afraid to smell flowery, fruity, or whathaveyou.

Thanks for posting!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 11:11am

Style: BJJ/Muay Boran/Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've used Fight Soaps competitor, Defense Soap since it came onto the market; and I can say that I've never turned back. Soaps like Fight Soap and Defense Soap are really worth the small effort that it takes to get them. Since using this soap, I've not had the first rash, or any other case of nastiness that we as martial artists tend to fall prey to.

I've not tried Fight Soap, but that is only because I've been so pleased with Defense Soap. Perhaps as my supplies of DS runs out, I'll give Fight Soap a shot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 11:25am

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
    I've used Fight Soaps competitor, Defense Soap since it came onto the market; and I can say that I've never turned back. Soaps like Fight Soap and Defense Soap are really worth the small effort that it takes to get them. Since using this soap, I've not had the first rash, or any other case of nastiness that we as martial artists tend to fall prey to.

I've not tried Fight Soap, but that is only because I've been so pleased with Defense Soap. Perhaps as my supplies of DS runs out, I'll give Fight Soap a shot.

I agree about how solid Defense soap is. Not only do I use the body wash as soon as I get home I also use the body wipes to clean my face, hairline, hands, and feet while in the locker room changing back into my civies. I even keep a container of wipes in my daughters BJJ bag and she does the same routine.

Fight soap sounds great, but how much are the bars of soap? I know the bars of Defense are $5 which is great, but the shipping is a little crazy (however the online coupon codes usually make up some for it). How expensive are the bars & what is the cost of shipping if you don't mind me asking Navita.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    interesting, but i'd have to know that it's more effective or cheaper than just using head and shoulders as a body wash (which i do right after judo.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Coffeefan wrote a review about how it was good stuff (or maybe it was a similar product, or maybe I'm crazy).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 11:50am

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm... what happened to my post?
    Anywho... good review but I was curious about the cost of the Fight bars? Shipping?
    I use Defense products. Great stuff, fair prices, but pricey shipping. Coupons make up for it though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 11:54am

Style: BJJ/Muay Boran/Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ming, I certainly could not say for sure that it is more effective; but rather I can say that my skin has certainly been in better shape than using "regular" soaps. Now that is not to say that you couldn't find a similar product on store shelves that have the same ingredients either; I've read of a few people that seem to have done that.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fight soap contains eucalyptus oil.

win.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 12:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight soap is a good ideal trying to hope on the MMA money train but I see it as being gimicky. There are tons of normal soaps on the market that kills this and fights that that are a lot cheaper than Fight soap.

I think if you shower right after trainning use a good facial wash and shampoo you should be find. I have only been doing BJJ and Muay Thai for two weeks now and have noticed I started getting lil small acne like bumps on my forehead. So now I have started packing my shower stuff with me to the gym and shower before I leave.

If I got a sample bar and noticed something different that my normal soap doesnt do I might switch. But for me to just go out and by a bar because it is marketed as MMA or fightsoap. I just cant see it.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast