Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 10:10am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

raw power

maybe alot of you have seen this dudes videos. but i just caught them, and i am blown away by this guys power. its disgusting how forceful he is.

i think its something we all should aim for while training. even the soft arts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geaWb...eature=related

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 11:14am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That isn't raw power that is trained power.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 11:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^
    what IIF said. When I think of the term "Raw Power", I think of something our head instructor's son would always tell us.

He said he had a buddy that liked to get into bar fights. The guy would say he only had one punch, which was a huge right haymaker. Guy would say if it landed, the fight was over. If he missed, he would end up getting his ass kicked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 12:18pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess if this is the first time you've seen anyone move like that, it's impressive. I, however just chalk it up to some good training. Nothing "raw power" about it.

I'm not going to really get into his technique discussion here, because he is a sanda silver medalist (I'm sure he knows what he's doing).

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 12:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can you make a comment on his power from that video? He doesn't hit anything.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 4:15pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah yeah i guess your right, not "raw power" but...this guy is mean. i was just impressed.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:03am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    How can you make a comment on his power from that video? He doesn't hit anything.
    You do know we can get you banned from posting in here right? You are slowly edging in that direction. Thanks for letting me know that you must hit something to show that you have power.

Here, this might help you.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/14/2011 10:08am at .

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    I'll bite...from my POV the power generated is mostly from the acceleration of his strikes, mass being equal. I think it's safe to say those strikes would land on a bag pretty hard and harder on someone's head/face/chest.

When I watch videos like this one I am more won over by the agility and speed shown (which IIF pointed out is from training) as opposed to aesthetic qualities like the form itself (which is still very nicely done).
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/14/2011 10:18am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:23am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To take it further and away from OMG hitting defines power, the CMA term I look at when dealing with forms is either "issuing" or "issuance" of power.

Yes, it should translate to fighting applicability. Still, it is a separate part of CMA arts and it doesn't mean that he can or can't fight.

Although, this guy does compete in Sanda competitions.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 1:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You do know we can get you banned from posting in here right? You are slowly edging in that direction. Thanks for letting me know that you must hit something to show that you have power.
    Wait a minute, in what way can you get me banned from the CMA forum just for posting in here? Seriously, I'm interested.

To address the point of his power, when it comes to judging how hard someone can hit from visuals alone, the only way you'll get a realistic idea is by seeing them actually hit something. I was perfectly right to question the assertion that someone has good power based on a video of what was essentially kata.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast