Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 12:43am

Style: Submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your concealed carry recommendations

I need some recommendations for concealed carry.

I plan on using 9mm, .40, or .45.

I've got a price range of about 500 bucks. I did some individual research, but am at a loss, due to the myriad of choices. I was looking at the Taurus 24/7 series, but am torn. Any recommendations from the gun toting bullies?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 12:55am

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It really depends on where you live and what kind of firepower you realistically might need. I would recommend a kel-tec pf9. It's cheap (around $300-400 according to google) and light (12.7 oz unloaded) which means you will be more likely to carry it day in day out. Others who are more knowledgeable about this stuff will be sure to be in here giving real advice eventually, but until then check this out.

http://www.mouseguns.com/pf9rev/pf9rev.htm

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 1:32am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before you buy an extremely light (less than 20-25oz.) carry gun, make sure you fire one at a range. You might just shoot a heavier gun much better, and a good holster/belt combination can make a gun feel a pound lighter.

I only carry when snakes are around, and that's open carry on my own property, but the fact remains the same.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 2:08am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slightly used Glock 19, USP 9mm, SIG 239, or 228. I wouldn't mess with a Taurus with that much money to spend...that's TOO MUCH to spend on any Taurus. If you're on a continual budget, stick with a caliber than you can easily afford ammunition for---to shoot and train with.

DO NOT go any smaller than a compact gun (Glock 19/23). Don't be the guy with the Glock 26/27.

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 12:36pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Para Ordnance Warthog, assuming you have the build to really conceal one. I sold mine and I miss it oh so very much.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 3:04pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sure, its a nooby question, but what would be wrong with a sub-compact gun, like Beretta
    Px4 Storm Subcompact Type F (http://www.beretta.com/Defence-Pisto...idc=217&id=855)?

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 3:15pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Homernoid View Post
    I am sure, its a nooby question, but what would be wrong with a sub-compact gun, like Beretta
    Px4 Storm Subcompact Type F (http://www.beretta.com/Defence-Pisto...idc=217&id=855)?
    Recoil, even with 9mm, is going to be near uncontrollable with something that small. I don't even want to think about the .40 cal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 3:24pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's why I mentioned being a bloody noob.

Edit: What about pocket pistols like a 3032 Tomcat (http://www.beretta.com/Defence-Pistols-Carbines/Defence/Pocket-Pistols/3032-Tomcat/index.aspx?m=82&f=2&id=776)?
    Easy to conceal at least, I assume.
    Last edited by Homernoid; 2/23/2011 4:03pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 4:31pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its REALLY hard to beat a Keltec P9 for everyday carry. Its slim enough to not be obtrusive with lighter clothing during the summer. Light enough to not be a hassle. Cheap enough to not break the bank (the more you save in the gun, the more ammo you can buy to practice with).

The problem i have with glocks, and this is a regional thing, is that they are too blocky to carry when its 100 degrees out with 90% humidity. A single stack pistol slim enough to ride in an IWB holster without announcing to anybody with a sober eye that im packing is a Godsend. Ive retired both a USP and an XD because of concealability/comfort issues in light clothing. Not surprisingly, both pistols were designed with law enforcement/duty use as a primary function.

I reccomend Keltec because its fairly ubiqitous, you will ALWAYS find gunstores with parts and accessories for them, said accessories are cheap (30 bucks for a USP or sig mag?)
    and the customer service from Keltec is top notch. ive have a P3AT that has seen numerous years and when my slide started showing severe wear from holster retention, they sent me a new one free of charge (had to pay S&H)

Not pretty weapons but for their purpose as concealable, reliable carry weapons Keltecs are world class.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 4:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    DO NOT go any smaller than a compact gun (Glock 19/23). Don't be the guy with the Glock 26/27.
    ****, I love my Glock 26.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast