Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 12:52am

Style: Taekwondo, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Taekwondo history thread?

Hey all,

If this has been done already go 'head and flame me, but I was thinking it might be nice to have a list in one place (for those of us who are more ignorant) of all of the Taekwondo organizations and where they came from and the Masters/Grand Masters that started them.

I realize that there will be some obscurity and possibly even argument over what is correct-but that's half the fun right?

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm...You are in the one place. Look through the threads and you will find what you are looking for.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that I could look through all the threads, I was just thinking it might be nice to have either a concise list, or a tree chart in one thread.

I was thinking it might cut down on some of the "is this master legit?" questions if it were easily available.

But maybe I am wrong?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 2:34pm

Style: KK TKD GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brihno360 View Post
    I know that I could look through all the threads, I was just thinking it might be nice to have either a concise list, or a tree chart in one thread.

I was thinking it might cut down on some of the "is this master legit?" questions if it were easily available.

But maybe I am wrong?
    You mean search all threads
    Find the useful ones about history
    Then sticky it up

Cool idea
    I say go for it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2011 10:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will try to gather the history threads up in this thread- but there is a lot junk posting in many of them- such as people talking crap about how bad Korean Arts are that aren't very helpful so in addition I will build a Visio drawing that will have a tree diagram of TKD organizations starting with the original schools and working down to breakaway orgs such as the CTF, ITC, etc. At the bottom of the chart I will put any citation that is necessary for proof.
    In addition any of you that want to edit the chart should do so (if you have Visio). Please feel free to post anything you know and can prove that will help me in building the chart.

Mods- I am asking that you heavily watch this thread so we can keep non-essential stuff like 'LOL TKD sucks' comments out of the thread.

If you want to argue about some topic that is mentioned in here please start another thread so we can keep this one clean. Once the debate is settled to a satisfactory amount we will post the factual info in the thread and remove the bullsh**

Thanks all,
    brihno

PS this may take me a while to do since I am in my senior year of getting a BS and am really busy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brihno360 View Post

But maybe I am wrong?
    It's a solid idea...would make future investigations alot easier, but damn that would be quite a task to complete...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I am on it now. I sifted through all of the threads and gotten them into one place. I have started the chart. I chose to go with an excel sheet for the moment. I will post the preliminary chart which includes all of the orgs that I know about right now. I look forward to the critiques and corrections which will make the chart more accurate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 3:33pm

Style: Okinawan Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    History according to which group?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 3:52pm

Style: KK TKD GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BabboonBoy View Post
    History according to which group?
    It seems he's collecting info from this forums history threads

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 6:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, that's correct- however, I will try to corroborate matching accounts between the different orgs and cite scholarly sources as well since not all orgs are covered in the history threads here.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast