...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tried a HK USP in .45 ACP today

Today, at the American Heroes Challenge in Las Vegas (more on that in a little bit), I donated some money to charity in order to fire 50 rounds of .45 ACP through a HK USP, which had been recommended to me as a 1911 shooter by someone from this forum.

I liked the USP a lot, and once I got used to firing it, which took about 1 magazine, I started hitting the steel bam bam bam, and was really pleased with my performance. The trigger pull was good, the recoil was soft, and the accuracy seemed dead on.

My only problems with it were pretty minor. I am used to bracing my thumb against the 1911 safety, so when I used the USP with a similar grip I kept sometimes weirdly decocking the USP while firing by resting my thumb on the decocker lever. Also, my thumb position prevented the slide from locking back when the magazine and chamber were empty.

Still, though, I had a good experience. Maybe in the future I'll get a HK USP and use it for competition if I ever want to get away from 1911s.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 1:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thumb thing isn't your fault. It's because you're not a super secret squirrel Teutonic operator yet...

An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department:
    In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.
    At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.
    Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.
    By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.
    Buy our stuff.
    Sincerely
    HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

See? A few more years pwning n00bs on counterstrike forums, and you'll get the hang of it...

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 1:55pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you liked it, that's what matters. I personally would rather throw a USP at an attacker than carry it as intended, though. It's fatter than a hippo, feels like a toy, has a horrible trigger, the controls are stiff and uncomfortable and there are many better options out there imo not only from competitors but from HK themselves. For the money, a SIG will perform just as well with (in my experience) better accuracy and smoother controls. The USP is seriously overpriced. I wouldn't pay more than Glock prices for one.

All that said, look at their newer HK45 and P30 models. The P30 particularly seems much more worth its price than other HK offerings.

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 7:57pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not a huge H&K fan, but I definitely prefer them over SIGs. The P226 and 229 seem to rotate over my hand when they recoil, similar to the M&P, whereas Glocks, H&Ks, and Springfield XDms seem to push straight back against my hand. I'm sure it's just personal preference, but I definitely like my guns to have a "low" center of gravity.

That said, I do think polymer SIGs have nicer triggers than the H&Ks. Again, probably just preference.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 12:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    The thumb thing isn't your fault. It's because you're not a super secret squirrel Teutonic operator yet...

An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department:
    In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.
    At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.
    Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.
    By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.
    Buy our stuff.
    Sincerely
    HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

See? A few more years pwning n00bs on counterstrike forums, and you'll get the hang of it...

C'mon, dude. I can't believe you posted that crap. lol The USP is a great handgun. They shoot extraordinarily well. As a bit of advice...I wouldn't recommend resting my thumbs on any lever on a handgun, no matter the model. Whether it's the Slide Stop Lever on a Glock or a Decocking Lever on a Sig. They're not meant for that. It sounds as if your thumbs are riding too far high off of the side of the pistol. Glad you liked it though....they're great guns. My USP Tactical 45 is easily one of the best shooting and most accurate 45ACP handguns on the planet...not mention, probably the safest to shoot/use/manipulate.

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 1:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    C'mon, dude. I can't believe you posted that crap. lol
    Just having a bit of fun amigo.

FWIW, if somebody offered me a good deal on one, I wouldn't turn it down. I have yet to meet a single USP owner who doesn't shower the machine with praise.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love my USP Compact .45, but I can see how the control lever could be intrusive if you're not used to it. Perhaps you should have a gunsmith reconfigure the gun as DAO.

EDIT: I misread, and now understand that you don't own the gun.

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 1:32pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    I love my USP Compact .45, but I can see how the control lever could be intrusive if you're not used to it. Perhaps you should have a gunsmith reconfigure the gun as DAO.

EDIT: I misread, and now understand that you don't own the gun.
    DK reconfigures the gun in DAO!

wetware immediately chokes on his own vomit!

It is super effective!

I hate DAO so bad... the only thing worse is those DAO 1911s they're coming out with now.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must have the hands for it; I liked the USP OK, but I just didn't have big enough hands or long enough fingers when it came down to it. I had a hard time even operating the safety without changing my grip. I ended up trading it for a Glock 30, thinking I wanted something smaller that would fit in a pack, which I later sold to finance the Gun Blog .45.

There's nothing wrong with HK, really, it's just that they have so many followers who think they're magical talismans of tacticality. They're just guns.

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 2:03pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    There's nothing wrong with HK, really, it's just that they have so many followers who think they're magical talismans of tacticality. They're just guns.
    For me, the most agreeable statement in this thread.

That saidd, the usp still feels horrible to me in hand. The HK45 feels great, though.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast