Light Heavyweight

Style: 
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 5:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rare Hong Kong Full-Contact Fighting (With Ron Van Clief)

• Ron Van Clief (Of UFC 4 fame) competing in a full-contact tournament in Hong Kong. It looks like grappling wasn't explicitly prohibited, but the official breaks it up anyway.
    • English

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

LOL at the end credits : "This KO in no way discredits the great Roy Van Clief"

No the rest of the fight pretty much did that first. What happened to the rest of these fights ? This will be a great vid to throw up at the "too deadly to spar" and my style doesn't need takedown defense crowd .

Even when two krotty dudes go at it they'll end up on the ground. Repeatedly.

Light Heavyweight

Style: 
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 8:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I like the part where the announcer says "They're fighting on the ground!" He said it in a manner that suggests groundfighting wasn't even a concept to him.

I actually don't think this knockout discredits him, either. The Black Dragon obviously wasn't just content reveling in the reputation he had from films and karate. It took balls to step up to the more hardcore competitions like this and the UFC

Style: 
    BJJ

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 9:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nice sweep at 4:02. Take down attempt around 4:14. Closed guard around 4:45. Reversal at 5:14. Then he looks like he almost purposefully goes to the ground and gets KTFO. I don't know, he showed some ground game for back in those days. If you weren't a wrestler or a judo guy it was pure stand up back than. I give RVC a lot of credit, not just for stepping up and putting himself out there, I'd say for a pre UFC 1 guy he was more well rounded than most.

Style: 
    Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 11:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    LOL at the end credits : "This KO in no way discredits the great Roy Van Clief"

No the rest of the fight pretty much did that first. What happened to the rest of these fights ? This will be a great vid to throw up at the "too deadly to spar" and my style doesn't need takedown defense crowd .

Even when two krotty dudes go at it they'll end up on the ground. Repeatedly.
    Err you watching the same fight? Those are some pretty damn good fights.

Also I'm sure you train for getting soccer kicked in the head at your BJJ school.

And you don't think he has any ground training at all? Like, he was just intuitively wrapping people up in full guard repeatedly out of sheer luck?