Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 11:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Supplements

What do you use for supplements? I'm looking for a vitamin, nitric oxide and anything else that would be helpful. I was using a lot of the GNC stuff be I've heard they skimp on the supplements.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I use is creatine and some fish oil.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 12:18pm

Style: MT, BJJ, BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dale92 View Post
    What do you use for supplements? I'm looking for a vitamin, nitric oxide and anything else that would be helpful. I was using a lot of the GNC stuff be I've heard they skimp on the supplements.
    The USANA Health Essentials is a bit on the expensive side, but is the best vitamin supplement I've found for both content and absorption rate. You have to get it from their website, and it runs about $51 per month, but it's got what you need.

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 12:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsueki View Post
    The USANA Health Essentials is a bit on the expensive side, but is the best vitamin supplement I've found for both content and absorption rate. You have to get it from their website, and it runs about $51 per month, but it's got what you need.
    Is this a stand alone product? Or should it be used in combination with other supplements?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fish oil, a multivitamin and glucosamine/chrondrotin supplements.

However, I'm 50 and have a lot of wear and tear.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 11:43pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for protein I like ON, I sometimes take GTC-110, a glutamine, taurine, creatine mix. That's about it. I dislike GNC a lot. I have friends that love their fish oils, but I never found much of a difference....but I eat tons of seafood.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 12:30am

Style: MT, BJJ, BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this a stand alone product? Or should it be used in combination with other supplements?
    Health essentials is a kit that comes with 2 pills per day. Combined they are a complete stand-alone. One is a mineral supplement with tons of vitamins, and the other is an antioxidant mix. Check out the website. And google research. Absorption by your body is more important than what is put into the pill. Anyway, for my money they're the best.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 4:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know a balanced diet is also an option right?

Since I became a university student I found that eating right in the first place is a LOT cheaper than buying supplements.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 7:46am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO products are getting some flak now about possible side effects, given that they are relatively new and untested I would steer clear just to be safe. Whey/cassein shakes are convenient for upping protein intake but anything other than a good quality multivitamin/mineral, EFA's and maybe creatine is a waste of money. People hate hearing it but a properly balanced diet for your goals is all you really need.

Multi-vit/min: have a look at Pharmaton, it's one of the few clinically tested supps that is recommended by pharmacists
    EFA's: Dr Udo's Oil and/or a good high potency fish oil (just make sure it's mercury free)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 7:15pm

Style: ATA TKD, Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Helpful to do...what? What do you want the supplements to accomplish for you that a good diet and training plan won't?

John