Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    My explnantion of Ninjutsu I'll even try to provide videos

    I think the biggest misnomer, about ninjitsu, is that it trains you to scale walls, be stealthy, and flamboyant in your fighting. It is, actually, quite the contrary. Ninjitsu, like many MA, is actually a way of life. There are many principles in ninjitsu that are stressed upon for everyday usage, outside of fighting. This is what makes ninjitsu so unique. It is a mixture of reflection, as well as physical conditioning.

    Also, we are not as flamboyant as people like to believe. In a good dojo, with a good style, ninjitsu is sort of the copyright-infringer of all the styles. The style itself is supposed to adapt and take the most efficient techniques for their students to learn. For instance, if there is a specific jiu-jitsu technique that is more efficient than the rest, ninjitsu adopts it, and implements it into their style. That being said, MMA-wise, the style is no-where close to anything else. Ninjitsu is meant for real-life situations, so as to get you out of fights before people really get hurt. It is also meant for that sort of self-defense, not against other martial artists, because lets face it, an MA fighter vs an MA fighter comes down to who knows more, and who's better practiced.

    In summation, don't knock ninjitsu before the research is done. I for one would highly refer someone to the style, especially those that might not have the muscle-mass or strength for any of the other ones. It is a style that does it's best to cater to those different body-types.

    Lastly, most dojos do not spar in class/dojo, but they do encourage the "real-life" practice that sparring entails. As such, the students are encouraged to spar in their own time with each other. And more often than not, it is full contact sparring, because they all believe that you learn nothing when you are pulling your punches.

    ~Ishamael

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    676
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    I think the biggest misnomer, about ninjitsu, is that it trains you to scale walls, be stealthy, and flamboyant in your fighting. It is, actually, quite the contrary. Ninjitsu, like many MA, is actually a way of life. There are many principles in ninjitsu that are stressed upon for everyday usage, outside of fighting. This is what makes ninjitsu so unique. It is a mixture of reflection, as well as physical conditioning.
    everyday usage.. so.. Ninjitsu makes you a retard outside your dojo too? Great!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    I think the biggest misnomer, about ninjitsu, is that it trains you to scale walls, be stealthy, and flamboyant in your fighting. It is, actually, quite the contrary. Ninjitsu, like many MA, is actually a way of life. There are many principles in ninjitsu that are stressed upon for everyday usage, outside of fighting. This is what makes ninjitsu so unique. It is a mixture of reflection, as well as physical conditioning.

    Also, we are not as flamboyant as people like to believe. In a good dojo, with a good style, ninjitsu is sort of the copyright-infringer of all the styles. The style itself is supposed to adapt and take the most efficient techniques for their students to learn. For instance, if there is a specific jiu-jitsu technique that is more efficient than the rest, ninjitsu adopts it, and implements it into their style. That being said, MMA-wise, the style is no-where close to anything else. Ninjitsu is meant for real-life situations, so as to get you out of fights before people really get hurt. It is also meant for that sort of self-defense, not against other martial artists, because lets face it, an MA fighter vs an MA fighter comes down to who knows more, and who's better practiced.

    In summation, don't knock ninjitsu before the research is done. I for one would highly refer someone to the style, especially those that might not have the muscle-mass or strength for any of the other ones. It is a style that does it's best to cater to those different body-types.

    Lastly, most dojos do not spar in class/dojo, but they do encourage the "real-life" practice that sparring entails. As such, the students are encouraged to spar in their own time with each other. And more often than not, it is full contact sparring, because they all believe that you learn nothing when you are pulling your punches.

    ~Ishamael
    Where do you train then?

    Does your training look like this:

    YouTube- Kashiwa Bujinkan Ninjutsu- Training showreel

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To UglyBugly: I'm sorry, but that's just ignorant. Ninjitsu promotes fighting and living based off of intelligence and good decisions. Everything you learn in the style is able to be practiced in your life as well, and it makes for a great way to solve conflicts, diffuse fights, and get yourself out of troublesome situations without the need to exchange punches. But, if that is required, then you have that too.

    Fighting is not all about who can bash each-other's heads in better.

    To JudoA: No. That is ridiculous. Realistically, no one person could do any of that. That is specifically for people who want to look and feel good doing something. I'm talking more realistic, more-so implementing the manipulation of force and momentum/ knowing where to strike on the body to be most effective, and how to subdue an opponent without too much hurting either party.
    Last edited by Ishamael; 8/30/2010 9:55am at . Reason: Saw another post after I posted

  5. #5
    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,009
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    Ninjitsu promotes fighting and living based off of intelligence and good decisions.
    Evidently so.

  6. #6
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,669
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    I think the biggest misnomer, about ninjitsu, is that it trains you to scale walls, be stealthy, and flamboyant in your fighting. It is, actually, quite the contrary. Ninjitsu, like many MA, is actually a way of life. There are many principles in ninjitsu that are stressed upon for everyday usage, outside of fighting. This is what makes ninjitsu so unique. It is a mixture of reflection, as well as physical conditioning.

    Also, we are not as flamboyant as people like to believe. In a good dojo, with a good style, ninjitsu is sort of the copyright-infringer of all the styles. The style itself is supposed to adapt and take the most efficient techniques for their students to learn. For instance, if there is a specific jiu-jitsu technique that is more efficient than the rest, ninjitsu adopts it, and implements it into their style. That being said, MMA-wise, the style is no-where close to anything else. Ninjitsu is meant for real-life situations, so as to get you out of fights before people really get hurt. It is also meant for that sort of self-defense, not against other martial artists, because lets face it, an MA fighter vs an MA fighter comes down to who knows more, and who's better practiced.

    In summation, don't knock ninjitsu before the research is done. I for one would highly refer someone to the style, especially those that might not have the muscle-mass or strength for any of the other ones. It is a style that does it's best to cater to those different body-types.

    Lastly, most dojos do not spar in class/dojo, but they do encourage the "real-life" practice that sparring entails. As such, the students are encouraged to spar in their own time with each other. And more often than not, it is full contact sparring, because they all believe that you learn nothing when you are pulling your punches.

    ~Ishamael
    You raised a thread from 2006 to add this? :flipando:

    Please commit seppuku. :suicide:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    I'm talking more realistic, more-so implementing the manipulation of force and momentum/ knowing where to strike on the body to be most effective
    Where is this ninjutsu school which is good then, do they have a video I am open minded but I need proof, all the ninjutsu videos I see on youtube suck?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    771
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    In summation, don't knock ninjitsu before the research is done.
    Ninjitsu is (claims to be?) a martial art. That is, it is a program designed to teach people how to fight. Any "research" would therefore involve fighting. It is (IMHO) not that the reseach has not been done, it is that ninjitsu practicioners seem to actively avoid competing in sanctioned tournaments (since the early UFCs anyway) and respond to requests for sparring or gong saus with insane stipulations or conditions.

    Also,

    Holy Thread Necro, Batman! etc.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Ninjitsu is (claims to be?) a martial art. That is, it is a program designed to teach people how to fight. Any "research" would therefore involve fighting. It is (IMHO) not that the reseach has not been done, it is that ninjitsu practicioners seem to actively avoid competing in sanctioned tournaments (since the early UFCs anyway) and respond to requests for sparring or gong saus with insane stipulations or conditions.

    Also,

    Holy Thread Necro, Batman! etc.
    Hahaha what are these conditions this is new to me.

    Also yeah he's thread necro'd but it's been a while since we've had a LARPer on the forums so I thought I'd join in :toothy5:

  10. #10
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,869
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    8 posts in 20 minutes ?

    Were you guys just waiting for this pop back up on the scroll or what ?

    Ishamael,

    You can claim what ever the **** you want but no one is going to believe a damn thing you say until you man up with some video or pictures of this "good training ".

    The reason being there are HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of shitty videos put out by your brethren in black and tabi. Man up or prepare to face the wrath that is reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO