Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 2:55pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out the rules:

Shitposting
    If you cannot post at least a decently formed concept supported by a modest paragraph or so of text, then your post does not deserve its own thread in just about all of the forums here except Trollshido. Posting a link, quoting a whole article, and moving on does not qualify as content. We want to know what you think about it; we really, really do. And if we don't then you'll be made aware of that fact by the rest of the members soon enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 3:17pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A posted it because of the horrendous grammar and crazy afro-centric belief that all martial arts either came out of African or were invented by Africans. I am sorry for my mistake. I like to let things speak for themselves.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 3:44am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have just read through there website and found this thread using the search function.
    Some of the stuff they say may have merit but some sounds a bit outlandish.
    They say that the moors where the original heros of Shaolin and taught the Samurai.
    I would be very interested to read some of the oppinions of the CMA/TMA experts on here about this sites teachings.
    This part of the website speaks of "Proof of stolen Legacy"
    http://jumamshabazi.webs.com/proofstolenlegacypics.htm

Im not knowlegable enough to question or verify some of it but some does apear on first glance to make sense for example: The lion dance? Where did it come from as there are no lions in china?
    Wiki says that there are Lions in India that this was based on but I personally wouldnt consider either to be factual on face value without a more reliable/credible source.
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 4:13am

Style: BJJ, TKD, Lifting+Cardio

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    I have just read through there website and found this thread using the search function.
    Some of the stuff they say may have merit but some sounds a bit outlandish.
    They say that the moors where the original heros of Shaolin and taught the Samurai.
    I would be very interested to read some of the oppinions of the CMA/TMA experts on here about this sites teachings.
    This part of the website speaks of "Proof of stolen Legacy"
    http://jumamshabazi.webs.com/proofstolenlegacypics.htm

Im not knowlegable enough to question or verify some of it but some does apear on first glance to make sense for example: The lion dance? Where did it come from as there are no lions in china?
    Wiki says that there are Lions in India that this was based on but I personally wouldnt consider either to be factual on face value without a more reliable/credible source.
    Philippino moor? Jesus christ, they can't even spell it right and they make a claim like that. That one they're showing is most likely an IFUGAO, an indigenous Filipino tribe... Malay blood.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 5:00am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It says "the creator of combat martial arts wore and afro" and then has a picture of Count Dante's comic book add picture.

Count Dante had red hair and what he actually means by "the creator of combat martial arts" is anybodies guess.

I saw an episode of Louis Theroux's weird weekends once when he interviewed some black nationalists and one of them said that Tom Jones was actually a black man because he could sing and hand danced like a black man and had a slight afro.
    Perhaps this is a similar line of thinking?
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 6:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post

There's has been extensive human contact from various corners of the globe from long before conventional public consciousness about globalisation would guess. There is evidence for contact between the Roman and Chinese empires and Janet Abu-lughod authored a famous and well respected book outlining overlapping trade systems that linked South East Asia with Western Europe and Sub saharan africa during the 13th century. Andre Gunder Frank argued for a 5000 year old world trade system with some compelling sections of evidence.

More specifically to the prescence of lions in China, we know for certain that during the first half of the 15th century animals were transported from the East African coast back to Beijing for the Imperial Zoo as part of the famous voyages of Zheng He. Lions are very common in East Africa and it seems quite likely that some would have been taken to China. Now Zheng He's voyages weren't the first Chinese forays into the Indian Ocean, but they were certainly the largest. Trade with Eastern Africa across the Indian ocean is well documented from the 10th to 14th centuries and as exotic animal trade was consistently possible it is possible that lions were transported first to India and then China or even acquired in East Africa and transported via India at Chinese behest. To find conclusive proof would require extensive archival research though unless someone has already done the work and come across records of it.

So you would have to look at when 'lion' statues started appearing in China and whether they actually depicted Lions or some mythical beast, to get much further with the question.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 7:36am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FWIW, Professor Tom Green's essay outlining the history and characteristics of the "Afrikanist" martial arts movement in the US has been published in the recent two-volume Martial Arts of the World encyclopedia set.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast