Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Got into ANOTHER street fight...!

While visiting my family in Vancouver this past Saturday, I was at a bar on the North Shore. My sister and her boyfriend told me they were going to meet me outside for a smoke after I ordered my drinks. I pounded a Yager bomb at the bar and put my beer down on our table.

I went outside to street corner where we smoked before. Down the road I saw some people who might be them, but it was dark so I couldn't tell. As I approached them I heard one of them say something. I think it was "Who's that."

But before I could answer, I felt a sharp pain on my right cheekbone. I'd just been fucking PUNCHED!!

I started spouting off on this guy. Who the **** just up and punches someone? He was doing the whole macho "WHAT!? WHAT!?" thing.

I called him a ***** and a big man for sucker punching me with his buddy there to back him up. But he just keeps saying "WHAT!?" and trys to punch me again.

So finally I threw an inside leg kick (it was right there) and he squares off with me. Next I did something kind silly. I threw a push kick, but I think his back was to a vehicle so it actually pushed me over. Also I was drunk.

But it really didn't matter. My first instinct was to throw an upkick. I don't know where it landed. I'm guessing either the nuts or a knee or something, because he fell right over. So I jumped to my feet, pinned him against that car in knee mount and started throwing GnP uppercuts (BJ Penn vs. Caol Uno style, but totally not as hard). He covered up so I switched to downward elbows.

After about 3 or 4 of those I hear his friend and the girl they were with yell to stop. I see them approaching in my peripheral vision. I get to my feet and stare down the other guy. I think he said something but I don't remember or care. I think I yelled at the kid, (now curled up in the fetal position) "I hope that teaches you a lesson!"

The girl talked some **** as I walked away (backwards). I think I asked her if she wanted some. lol

Anyway, I'm wondering... Did I do the right thing? I really didn't have to fight him. I could have just ran into the bar, and avoided a fight altogether. Let the bouncer take care of it. But I was so pissed.

What do you think?
    Last edited by chaosexmachina; 6/22/2010 1:41am at .
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone sucker punches you, do whatever the **** you want as long as you don't get arrested, IMHO.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:50am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rids View Post
    If someone sucker punches you, do whatever the **** you want as long as you don't get arrested, IMHO.
    Thanks! That's the general feeling I'm getting from the family and friends that I told... But I thought I get some other martial artists' opinions too.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 2:15am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me get this straight....you were drinking at a bar, went outside, were so disoriented that some random douchebag walked up and punched up in the face?

And according to the title of the thread, this is ANOTHER fight you got in?

Well, my friend, bad luck seems to dog your every step.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 3:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mexican Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. You were definitely wrong, sir.

After the inside leg kick you should have followed with a 1,2,3,4. After the 1,2,3,4 it should have been a nut kick. When he doubled over, you should have axe kicked him and bathed in glory! Afterwards you should have looked over to his girlfriend and buddy, Ground n' pounded him a little bit ( with hard looking soft punches because he would most likely be unconcious now. ) told that bastard that if he wanted some to come and get some, and then walked off backwards until you reached a safe distance.

In all seriousness. If he sucker punched you , you have the right to put him down whatever way you want. At least in my humble opinion.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 4:09am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    Let me get this straight....you were drinking at a bar, went outside, were so disoriented that some random douchebag walked up and punched up in the face?

And according to the title of the thread, this is ANOTHER fight you got in?

Well, my friend, bad luck seems to dog your every step.
    This was actually my third 'street fight'. Although they were all very different circumstances. There are threads here about the other two. My first was pretty embarassing and I'd count it as a loss. The other one was a strange mutual combat kinda thing, a 'gentlemen's challenge' if you will.

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 4:31am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina View Post
    Anyway, I'm wondering... Did I do the right thing? I really didn't have to fight him. I could have just ran into the bar, and avoided a fight altogether. Let the bouncer take care of it. But I was so pissed.

What do you think?
    Good story but this I facepalm too..

Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina View Post
    Thanks! That's the general feeling I'm getting from the family and friends that I told... But I thought I get some other martial artists' opinions too.

here is the thing. Your a man. You shouldn't need approval from anyone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 12:23pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just be thankful you didn't get shot. Thana again, i guess Van is a bit different from Mtown...

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 12:32pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    op, 3 out of 10 on the troll meter or 9 out of 10 on the dumb meter. I'll let you pick.

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 12:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe you. you are leaving out essentials I would bet money on it.

Try to go back and really remember wht led up to the sucker punch.

Here is why I do not believe your version... and I understand you may have been on the hooch I am not saying you are a lyer, I just think you are not remembering..... everything.

Ok:

You said yu were sucker punched? well when you try to recognize someone you sort of stick your head out and look straight on... this is not an angle for someone to sucker punch you. If you were turned away or something maybe, but you are saying you are moving fowards head jutted out to trty to see who the people are who are approaching... and someone sucker punches you? no. and if they did your head was not turned so it was not a sucker punch as you say.

Start by telling us what you said or did to the girl to get the guy to throw the punch.... thats how that fight started. Did you say something or do something to her that was threatening? I bet you did
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast