1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 9:43am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I HATE Judo politics.

I used to love Judo. I did it as a kid. Judo throws where a big part of my Shidokan training. I still use a lot of the Judo concepts like Kazushi and "top of the triangle" to think about my throws today.

I never imagined such a popular and generally good art could crap all over us so easily. USJA USJwhatever and Judo orgs in general are such pieces of crap and progenitors of Mcdojo bullshit I can't believe it. The amount of garbage Judo has rubbed all over this site in the last year is ridiculous.

I realize it is at the end of the day the Orgs and not Kano's Judo that is causing all this **** but seriously. For an art that is almost entirely based on Aliveness and Randori how could anyone have let it get this stupid? Why does anyone have to call any organization to get someone's rank? Isn't there a Judo tournament somewhere almost every damn weekend?

Any Judoka That cares about Judo needs to renounce their USJwhichever rank and just call themselves a general black belt. If anyone gives you **** about it tell them the USJwhatsit sucks ass and you don't care about dan ranks. Then throw said person on their head.
    Last edited by jnp; 6/21/2010 11:05am at . Reason: requested title change

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I used to love Judo. I did it as a kid. Judo throws where a big part of my Shidokan training. I still use a lot of the Judo concepts like Kazushi and "top of the triangle" to think about my throws today.

I never imagined such a popular and generally good art could crap all over us so easily. USJA USJwhatever and Judo orgs in general are such pieces of crap and progenitors of Mcdojo bullshit I can't believe it. The amount of garbage Judo has rubbed all over this site in the last year is ridiculous.

I realize it is at the end of the day the Orgs and not Kano's Judo that is causing all this **** but seriously. For an art that is almost entirely based on Aliveness and Randori how could anyone have let it get this stupid? Why does anyone have to call any organization to get someone's rank? Isn't there a Judo tournament somewhere almost every damn weekend?

Any Judoka That cares about Judo needs to renounce their USJwhichever rank and just call themselves a general black belt. If anyone gives you **** about it tell them the USJwhatsit sucks ass and you don't care about dan ranks. Then throw said person on their head.
    Are you ranting to just feel better, or would you really like me to comment on this ignorant tirade?
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 9:53am

Style: Bjj / Mexican Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Are you ranting to just feel better, or would you really like me to comment on this ignorant tirade?

your work is never done, eh, Mtripp?

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 9:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's ignorant about it? Judo has been at the center of almost all of our recent drama. No one outside of the upper judo circles really cares about your internal politics. Why does it even exist when you guys are supposed to be doing Randori all the time?

If your point is that I'm ignorant about the details of internal Org politics I am and wish I could remain so.

Administrator

Posted On:

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchboy View Post
    your work is never done, eh, Mtripp?
    Seems not.

But it is interesting to me that when the EXACT same process was used to oust Ralph Severe, no one had a problem with it.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 9:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    What's ignorant about it? Judo has been at the center of almost all of our recent drama. No one outside of the upper judo circles really cares about your internal politics. Why does it even exist when you guys are supposed to be doing Randori all the time?

If your point is that I'm ignorant about the details of internal Org politics I am and wish I could remain so.
    It is ignorant on two counts;

In the first place your understanding of how Judo works and why it works that way, and why ALL legit martial sports should work that way is very lacking, and it shows.

In the second, the problem is NOT about Judo. The problem is, did he lie?

Again, no problems when I took Ralph Severe apart exactly in this manner. So there should be NO problems when we use the exact same process on anyone....

...unless some are more equal than others.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    But this is NOT on point and simply confuses the all ready addled....

Is Chuck telling the truth about his Judo history. THAT is what was brought to me and it is what I am looking into.

Surely the problem isn't that we are looking into Chuck, is it?

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT CHUCK!

I don't care if Chuck ever took Judo. It is about the fact that I now know who Neil Ohlenkamp is and I never ever wished to. It is about the fact that Judo Orgs are exploding all over the place and I can't understand why. Judo is appears to be a pretty straightforward art. Especially Ippon Tournament Judo. Did you get Ipponed? Yes. Game over.

Why is Judo being so overly complicated by multiple Orgs and all the strange politics that someone who doesn't do Judo really shouldn't have to care about.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:08am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is what I thought. I gave you those links because, I thought you'd want to read about the problems in the Judo orgs from other judoka.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast