Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 1:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MFSS/ "developing incredible power"

I did a search for this stuff, and I came across a couple threads from a couple years back, but I couldn't find any of these BEAUTIFUL videos.

YouTube- Knockout Power

the first minute and thirty seconds is an intro with a sort of compilation of bullshit, then it gets to the REAL BS.

YouTube- Self Defense: How to develop massive power

YouTube- Self Defense: Developing incredible power

This user, shihan07, has uploaded a bunch of these videos, with a link to a website- self-defense-videos.com,

The website is filled with all kinds of bullshido like "no-touch" knockouts and the like.

My biggest problem with these videos is the comments on all of them, they seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

what do you guys think?

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 3:23am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well just looking at the videos you posted I have mixed feelings on what I am seeing. On the one hand he has pretty good movement mechanics. This first two videos show variations on spinal strikes that can cause the type of result we see in the videos. His striking clipshow at the beginning of the first video shows some very good striking BUT also has some questionable movements as well. The major red flag I see is his human punching bag. The guy he is performing his techniques on is not at all resisting these movements and I suspect is playing up the response. He is falling way to clean for someone that is suppose to just be getting knocked on his butt. I like some of what I am seeing but I would really like to see this guy sparring or working against a resistant partner at the very least.

Now looking at his website I see a lot more questionable stuff. I see the standard no touch knockout and special forces stuff that tends to be part and parcel of BS peddlers. There is also a lot of hypish "nearly secret style" language being used to promote this material. I noticed that among his various street safe DVDs he is also selling, "How to Fight Tough By Lieutenant. Jack Dempsey" on CD for $17.00 isn't this available for free online? Are there any copy right infringements going on here?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 11:49am

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the guy who does that egg chopper thing with the other dudes head right? Total bullshit

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 12:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Well just looking at the videos you posted I have mixed feelings on what I am seeing. On the one hand he has pretty good movement mechanics. This first two videos show variations on spinal strikes that can cause the type of result we see in the videos. His striking clipshow at the beginning of the first video shows some very good striking BUT also has some questionable movements as well.
    There is absolutely no evidence of any 'very good striking'

the movements that show any likeness to a real punch are performed poorly
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 1:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should totally pull a toke-mune/karateman11 style, "ACTUALLY THIS GUY IS PROBABLY THE BEST IN THE WORLD, and he could kill all of you, also, he's my teacher."

But honestly, the semi-legitamate kicks and punches really aren't what I'm concerned with, its this whole "nerve manipulation" thing that is bugging me. I believe these strikes are supposed to be highly targeted towards specific nerves. one of the commenters mentioned something about "lights out" switches. It seems to me that someone watched james bond videos too many times.

also, at this "self-defense-videos.com" (I believe the site is just one of those per click ad money portals) there is a link to what I think is the company responsible for this stuff, and they make all the usual "bully black belt" claims.

So what do you think black belts, if somebody decides to punch you in your "leg nerve", do you wind up lying on the floor like a wet mop?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 1:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- Self Defense - Against a sucker punch.

Self defence against a sucker punch... hmmm, what's wrong with this picture?

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 1:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking at his clipshow again it kinda reminds me of systema. In that context some of those strikes are pretty decent. Still looks like his assistant is hamming up the reaction way to much. If your looking at them from a western boxing standpoint than they look pretty damned weird. The nerve strikes are questionable but when you watch it back a few times it looks like he is jerking the guys neck rapidly more than striking specific nerve points. In both examples he is striking the back of the neck and front/side of the head in a rapid and opposite motion. Similar in theory (not the same but similar) to the type of twist you want to get in someones neck with a hook to knock them out. Not prepared to say its effective but it might work. Does anyone know more about this guys back ground? His bio is unsurprisingly vague.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madeofcandy View Post
    So what do you think black belts, if somebody decides to punch you in your "leg nerve", do you wind up lying on the floor like a wet mop?
    No, they do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 2:25pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who says those strikes in the clip part are "decent" are idiots.

Those strikes had very little to zero power and while some of those techniques later were legitimate, the reaction did not equal the power utilized.

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Anyone who says those strikes in the clip part are "decent" are idiots.

Those strikes had very little to zero power and while some of those techniques later were legitimate, the reaction did not equal the power utilized.
    Try reading the entire reply and if your going to call someone an idiot than back up your argument with something tangible.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast