Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:07pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I miss the old days

I miss the old days of martial arts training. The days when your instructor showed no mercy. When he/she would make class ten minutes longer just to push you harder. When sparring class wasn't filled with a bunch of pansies scared to be kicked or punch. When at green or blue belt level you'd be paired against red and black belts. I miss the days when you had children that were athletic. That could run fast, jump high and keep up with the pace. I miss the kids that you could teach them their rank form for one week and they'd grasp it perfectly. I miss kids that weren't cry baby suck ass pussies when it came to sparring.

I miss the toughness. The ferocity. Even the pain. Nowadays it's nothing like that. Kids can't even fucking do cartwheels or run fast. Parents are too much of a ***** to let them spar. And even among the adults no one wants to train hard and fierce. Everything has to be tappy tappy dance bullshit.

Why all the change? Why do people want martial arts to be gentle and feel good? It's supposed to equip your body to defend yourself against violent attack. The base purpose for martial arts training, should be to defend yourself and fight.

I want to bring back the "Cobra Kai" days.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, google MMA, Kyokushin, BJJ, Judo, Sambo, Boxing, or Muay Thai near you. I promise those "old days" are/have been around you've just missed out.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:15pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard619 View Post
    I miss the old days of martial arts training. The days when your instructor showed no mercy. When he/she would make class ten minutes longer just to push you harder. When sparring class wasn't filled with a bunch of pansies scared to be kicked or punch. When at green or blue belt level you'd be paired against red and black belts. I miss the days when you had children that were athletic. That could run fast, jump high and keep up with the pace. I miss the kids that you could teach them their rank form for one week and they'd grasp it perfectly. I miss kids that weren't cry baby suck ass pussies when it came to sparring.

I miss the toughness. The ferocity. Even the pain. Nowadays it's nothing like that. Kids can't even fucking do cartwheels or run fast. Parents are too much of a ***** to let them spar. And even among the adults no one wants to train hard and fierce. Everything has to be tappy tappy dance bullshit.

Why all the change? Why do people want martial arts to be gentle and feel good? It's supposed to equip your body to defend yourself against violent attack. The base purpose for martial arts training, should be to defend yourself and fight.

The "old" days? How long ago did they stop these "old" training methods?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I miss the old days of TMA training. The days when your instructor showed no mercy. When he/she would make class ten minutes longer just to push you harder. When sparring class wasn't filled with a bunch of pansies scared to be kicked or punch. When at green or blue belt level you'd be paired against red and black belts. I miss the days when you had children that were athletic. That could run fast, jump high and keep up with the pace. I miss the kids that you could teach them their rank form for one week and they'd grasp it perfectly. I miss kids that weren't cry baby suck ass pussies when it came to sparring.

Fixed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:45pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The "old" days? How long ago did they stop these "old" training methods?
    Soon as we changed locations. Being in an upper class neighborhood you now have all these people coming in expecting everything to be delicate and gentle.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, okay. Carry on.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Amen, brother. I remember the good all days. Then they started letting in all the coloreds and jews. Women got the vote and everything went to hell. Now even queers go out in public without being pelted and spit on!

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ignoring the Cobra Kai remark,

come to my judo dojo and you won't miss the good old days anymore.

Ben

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:24pm

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm pretty sure the good old days were before the presence of martial arts was made to the general public (white people).

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goddamn whiteys always ruining everything.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast