Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Style
    karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ronald Duncan, was, I'm sure a very well qualified martial artist in his own style.

Ronald Duncan, was, I'm sure a very well qualified martial artist in his own style. His mistake was that in the 1980's, he saw an opportunity for popularity, self promotion, and the same dollar signs in his eyes that a few other guys saw, and he "adopted" ninjutsu, claimed a bunch of things, and went public with it. It ruined his credibility. He jumped on the bandwagon, appeared outta nowhere, and rode the wave as long as he could. Probably got rich doing it. I saw him in all the ninja mags in the 80's. He saw a buck and went for it. Serious and authentic practitioners lumped him together with Loriega, Hoshino, Higuchi, and none of them got any respect or credence, and still don't. This is what happens when you go public with no verifiable lineage. It's good for a chuckle, but that's it. We all know who the one and true living grandmaster of the art is...I don't even have to say his name. You know who...

Style
    Aikijujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ronald Duncan, was, I'm sure a very well qualified martial artist in his own style.

Is it Kawakami?

Style
    karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hatsumi.....

Style
    StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by steven52 View Post
    Hatsumi.....
    MAYBE. The jury's still out on that one...
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Style
    Aikijujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly, in fact at this stage I'm more inclined to believe Kawakami over Hatsumi.

Style
    karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

In whose opinion....

Not according to Takamatsu....that's who he chose, like it or not.

Style
    Aikijujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's actually Takamatsu's claims that are in question, so it doesn't matter who he chose or my level of dislike or otherwise for that decision.

Style
    karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neither you or I are qualified to render an opinion. We didn't know Takamatsu.

Style
    Aikijujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If that's your justification for blindly believing someone with glaring problems with their story then I think you might find you are on the wrong forum for you.

Style
    karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    If that's your justification for blindly believing someone with glaring problems with their story then I think you might find you are on the wrong forum for you.
    Neither you or I are qualified to judge. It doesn't involve either of us. If you want to promote an arguement of some kind, then perhaps this is the wrong forum for YOU. Because I'm not interested.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last