Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Manhoef Signs With Strikeforce, Considered For Lawler Fight

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/12/02/m...h-strikeforce/

MMA and kickboxing veteran Melvin Manhoef has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce. FanHouse learned of the agreement Wednesday morning.

Manhoef, who most recently lost to Paulo Filho at DREAM.10 in July, will now be exclusive to Strikeforce when he fights in the United States. The deal still allows for him to compete for other organizations overseas.

The Dutch fighter is also being considered as an opponent for Robbie Lawler on the upcoming Dec. 19 "Evolution" card in San Jose, Calif., but a prior fight commitment overseas may preclude him from taking the fight on short notice. FanHouse has learned that he is the organization's top choice to face Lawler, but as of Wednesday morning, no decision has been made. As reported yesterday, veteran Trevor Prangley is still in the mix to face Lawler.

If he doesn't make his Strikeforce debut later this month, Manhoef is expected to fight for the organization in the first quarter of 2010.

Manhoef holds a 23-6-1 MMA record and a 37-8 kickboxing record. He has only competed in one MMA fight in the United States, and that was a June 2007 loss to Dong Sik Yoon at the K-1 Dynamite!! USA show in Los Angeles. He holds notable MMA victories over Mark Hunt, Kazushi Sakuraba and Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos.

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 11:14am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to need new pants.

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    strikers will now train hard on their takedowns and subs now that Manhoef is in

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 11:30am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Manhoef! Awesome!

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 11:45am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Scott Smitch, Benji Radach, and Cung Le are going to be going for any quick subs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Manhoef is one of the most entertaining fighters to me. Would be nice to see him against Cung Le.

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 12:38pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    Manhoef is one of the most entertaining fighters to me. Would be nice to see him against Cung Le.
    It would be nice to see Cung Le fight, period. It's also going to be nice to see him lose horribly to any fighter he faces now that Strikeforce has legitimate top 20-ers in their middleweight division.

I used to be a Cung nuthugger, but sitting out a full year and a half as a champion in the waning prime of his limited career earned him several horrible losses worth of venom from me.