Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 12:05pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need brotherly advice

I find myself in a situation that I really don't want to be in. I've never found myself in a position where I was completely unable to support myself financially. I mean, yeah, there were points where I was like, "****...I wish I could afford that."

I moved to Philadelphia under the premise that I would be able to find a job and return to school. I was so completely wrong. I think I've sent out over 500 applications and resumes...I've even applied for jobs that I detest (retail and UPS), and still nothing. Now I'm faced with the fact that I can't pay my bills.

I've been out since 2006. Recently, I've been looking at reenlisting simply because I'm flat broke and starting to feel like it's a matter of survival.

Anybody else have similar issues, or can lend some advice...
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 4:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know what you're skilled in.. BUt..

T-mobile just had a job fair last week.. Maybe call them up.. There's one in Allentown.

Lots of security companies are hiring too from what I've heard and seen on the net..

We've all been there. At least, I have. **** sucks.. You don't seem like a douche or an idiot, so I'm sure it's just a fluke. You'll get past it and be like, "Damn, and I thought I was done for.." Nah..

If nothing else, there's always the National Guard - er somethin.

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha2six View Post
    Don't know what you're skilled in.. BUt..

T-mobile just had a job fair last week.. Maybe call them up.. There's one in Allentown.

Lots of security companies are hiring too from what I've heard and seen on the net..

We've all been there. At least, I have. **** sucks.. You don't seem like a douche or an idiot, so I'm sure it's just a fluke. You'll get past it and be like, "Damn, and I thought I was done for.." Nah..

If nothing else, there's always the National Guard - er somethin.
    I checked out one security company. Protection Services Unlimited...and everything about it just screamed, "SCAM!"

I'll look into more of the security companies...I was just really hoping that I'd be able to stay in the area.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 9:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you tough about doing the police thing?

Other than PCU, there are a lot of private security firms that hire ex military. Check out Wakenhut. Those guys are everywhere.

http://www.g4s.com/usw.htm

Pennsylvania

The Wackenhut Corporation

Old Liberty Square
    4813 Jonestown Rd., Ste. 200
    Harrisburg, PA 17109
    Tel (717) 651-0885
    Fax (717) 651-0887

300 Welsh Road
    Building #3, Suite 150
    Horsham, PA 19044(Philadelphia)
    Tel (215) 657-3916
    Fax (215) 657-5035

Airport Office Park
    333 Rouser Road, Ste. 504
    Moon Township, PA 15108(Pittsburgh)
    Tel (412) 269-0750
    Fax (412) 269-0790

Looks like the second location down is near Philly.

Good luck man!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 10:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Armored car security still hiring?

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 2:47am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    I find myself in a situation that I really don't want to be in. I've never found myself in a position where I was completely unable to support myself financially. I mean, yeah, there were points where I was like, "****...I wish I could afford that."

I moved to Philadelphia under the premise that I would be able to find a job and return to school. I was so completely wrong. I think I've sent out over 500 applications and resumes...I've even applied for jobs that I detest (retail and UPS), and still nothing. Now I'm faced with the fact that I can't pay my bills.

I've been out since 2006. Recently, I've been looking at reenlisting simply because I'm flat broke and starting to feel like it's a matter of survival.

Anybody else have similar issues, or can lend some advice...
    The Guard might not be a bad idea really. There are generally plenty of opportunities to go on active duty orders, but the benefit is that you can always end those if you do get a job. By any chance do you have a security clearance?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 3:38am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one likes to be poor . It really fucking sucks .

Right now I am in a(nother) rough spot while this whole waiting for MORE permits, waiting for other people , and literally making my job thing works itself out . It's been two months of depending on friends .

The economy is bad is most places , unemployment is high , no one wants to loan money . It is a bad time to be looking for work and broke .

You are as smart if not smarter than I am , have more qualifications , and I would bet someone else's money a better work history .

If I can do it , you will figure something out .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 3:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might not want my opinion at this point but i'll give it anyway. Securitas Security Services is the company I work for and they are always hiring. It will definitely feel like it is beneath you at first but it is a great place to work while going to school. You can usually find a post to work that is slow enough to get most of your homework done on the job. The pay will probably suck but it varies from post to post. They are worldwide so they probably have an office near you.

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the input guys. And Warcrazy, as much as I think you're a douche for the other forum (I will keep our firefight limited to the rangefans), I'm not the kind of person to turn down advice when I've asked for it...so thank you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 10:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you specialize in? Do you have any degrees in any specific field?

I remember when I was stuck in a similar position. Interviews after interviews can be frustrating and depressing. Are you currently collecting unemployment? If not, definitely go for it. At least you will be able to pay a few bills and eat while you look for work.

Browse Craigslist daily. As a graphic/web designer I found quite a few gigs there. Are you on USAjobs.gov? If you're former military, I believe you get precedence over civ applicants.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast