Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Anybody know this?

    In my particular class I am the senior student, once i have reached an advanced rank in the class and maintain the "senior student" status, i can wear whatever kind of uniform i want. Just out of sheer arrogance, and because i think it looks cool --- What is that silk overcoat they wear in Hwarangdo? the one that is longer than the usual dobuk, and it's black. I don't want the uniform they wear, i want that style of overcoat. I've already cleared it with kwanjangnim, he said it would be fine for tournaments and demo's if i wanted. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is called, i can't find anywhere that sells anything like it... any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,459
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the future don't double post like that.

  3. #3
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you enter tournaments or fashion shows?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,918
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've competed in at least one fashion tournament. I lost by knock out to the guy on the left there.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    671
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try this one:

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love the Obiwan, Does it come in Red, White & Blue?

  7. #7
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,669
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by subatai View Post
    In my particular class I am the senior student, once i have reached an advanced rank in the class and maintain the "senior student" status, i can wear whatever kind of uniform i want. Just out of sheer arrogance, and because i think it looks cool --- What is that silk overcoat they wear in Hwarangdo? the one that is longer than the usual dobuk, and it's black. I don't want the uniform they wear, i want that style of overcoat. I've already cleared it with kwanjangnim, he said it would be fine for tournaments and demo's if i wanted. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is called, i can't find anywhere that sells anything like it... any help would be appreciated.
    What do you train? Really...what do you train and where that you can where an uniform of a different style in your class and that your teacher approves of this bullshit?

    Is there a Kyokushin/Enshin/Ashihara/Seidokaikan/Daido Juku Dojo near your dojang? If there is wear their gi with a big black belt, hell better, wear a red one. Than invite them to your dojang for some friendly sparring. Let a classmate tape it and post it here.

    Maybe after that you stay humble enough to only wear your dobok in class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    390
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by subatai View Post
    In my particular class I am the senior student, once i have reached an advanced rank in the class and maintain the "senior student" status, i can wear whatever kind of uniform i want. Just out of sheer arrogance, and because i think it looks cool --- What is that silk overcoat they wear in Hwarangdo? the one that is longer than the usual dobuk, and it's black. I don't want the uniform they wear, i want that style of overcoat. I've already cleared it with kwanjangnim, he said it would be fine for tournaments and demo's if i wanted. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is called, i can't find anywhere that sells anything like it... any help would be appreciated.
    Does it look anything like this?



    If so, It's called a General's Uniform and you can only get one if you're a BB in Kuk Sool Won or Hanminjok Hapkido.

  9. #9
    stinkykickvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    32
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha2six View Post
    Does it look anything like this?

    If so, It's called a General's Uniform and you can only get one if you're a BB in Kuk Sool Won or Hanminjok Hapkido.
    I think we can all agree that's pretty hot, but here's what I don't get: if I'm going to get dressed to the 9's for Glamor Shots, I'm going to put on some effin' shoes!

    Maybe generals don't wear shoes in Korea? Probly a Der question...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    390
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkykickvt View Post
    I think we can all agree that's pretty hot, but here's what I don't get: if I'm going to get dressed to the 9's for Glamor Shots, I'm going to put on some effin' shoes!

    Maybe generals don't wear shoes in Korea? Probly a Der question...
    I'll stick to my JudoGi man..

    Those doboks have to be tailored to Tuxedo specs, so they're pretty expensive. You're not supposed to wear shoes, but some people wear like wrestling shoes with them.

    In reality, Generals don't wear those.. As you can see, none of those people are Generals.. LOL. They are pretty much LARP clothes.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO