Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 9:30pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Attention Bullies located or teaching MA in Israel

Basically I need some information regarding governmental requirements to teach MA in Israel.

A fellow student in my Wushu class is claiming that he needs a written letter of permission from our ShiFu endorsing him as being qualified to teach before he would be allowed to open a club and teach Wushu in Israel.

He is also pressuring our Shifu to give him 4th Dan as well. To be honest his knowledge and skill level are well below that of a 4th Dan and I am not sure why he is so adamant on receiving 4th dan before he returns to Israel. The only thing I can think of is that it is part of the requirements for opening a MA school in Israel.

So I guess what I need to know to know is;

1. Is there a government agency that oversees the qualifications of Martial arts or athletic instructors?

2. What is required to satisfy the government requirements so that you may receive a liscense to open and operate a school or training facility?

Thanks
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 11:56am

Style: BJJ (ex DRAJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He needs to get a teaching certificate from the Wingate institute

I'm not sure about the benefits of such certificate, except insurance wise (for the training place).

I don't really know a lot about the subject. I know many instructors have that certificate, but I also know some don't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:03pm

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as i know, no insurance company will insure you if don't have the aforementioned Wingate certificate.
    I also know plenty of people who are not black belts in their respective arts who have it. I think in order to do the instructor training at wingate's you need a letter of reference from your MA teacher and some years of experience (not sure how many), I'm sure if he looks it up, or emails someone in the local wushu community they can better inform him.

hope this helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I see there's a course for Chinese MA instructors. I see the course has already started this year, and I can't find when is the next one. The site is in Hebrew but here are the requirements to get into the course, translated:

A certificate from a known school.
    A recommendation letter from the trainer / union.
    At least 4 years of training in the field.
    Passing a practical test and an interview.
    Trains regularly in a known MA branch.
    The interview covers background and relevant knowledge in the field.

Link (only in Hebrew, I'm afraid):

http://www.wingate.org.il/Index.asp?...CategoryID=809

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks!! I greatly appreciate the input.

So it is my understanding that the Wingate Institute is a government sanctioning body of sorts. Is that correct? A certificate from them is not necessary to teach but required if you wish to carry insurance? In addition to the required reference letter you still must participate in their training program and pass to receive certification, correct?
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, this course lasts a whole semester, they meet once a week for the whole day (8:30-17:15).
    It costs as much as studying a few courses in an Israeli university does. Its an academic institute like any other university, but the only one you can get a teaching certificate in school gymnastics, MA and such in Israel.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 3:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I want to make sure that I understand this;

You do not have to have a Wingate Certificate to open and operate a Martial arts school in Israel, but if you want your school to be taken seriously and be able to carry insurance you need to have one.

Is that the idea?
    安氏八极拳学生

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 3:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    keep me posted, i could check him out when im over there.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 3:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    So I want to make sure that I understand this;

You do not have to have a Wingate Certificate to open and operate a Martial arts school in Israel, but if you want your school to be taken seriously and be able to carry insurance you need to have one.

Is that the idea?
    Also, as it may get mixed in the exchange, I see it doesn't mention anything about needing a high rank (4th Degree, Black Sash) just a yearly requirement.

Thanks H-Murdock and Gidi for the help.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 8:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Also, as it may get mixed in the exchange, I see it doesn't mention anything about needing a high rank (4th Degree, Black Sash) just a yearly requirement.

Thanks H-Murdock and Gidi for the help.
    Exactly. I think he has led my teacher to believe that he needs the 4th degree to teach which isn't the case. I have discussed this with my Shifu and he now is aware that the 4th degree isn't a necessity, just the letter of reference.

I think he is using this situation to try to obtain 4th ahead of schedule so that he may grant BB rank on his own when he is back in Israel. Fortunately we're onto his little game and I am going to try to convince my Shifu not to allow himself to be pressured into letting this guy test early.
    安氏八极拳学生
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast