Sponsored Links Spacer Image

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Sports Dream - As Suspicious as it Looks?

Hey,
    So, in my role as Team Captain of the UM BJJ club, I recieved this email earlier today:

Dear Club President,

I would like to schedule a five minute phone call to discuss how we can help your U. of Michigan club martial arts team raise $4,000 or more this season.

We understand how difficult it is to run a club when you receive very little financial support from your school. Thatís why we are the program of choice for so many college club presidents, and Iím confident that we can help you turn a good martial arts season into a great one.

With MSD, athletes! don't sell anything, there is zero financial risk, and it only takes one hour to complete the whole process. Best of all, your team is likely to generate thousands of dollars you need this season for travel, uniforms, or equipment. Check out some of our recent campaign profits below.

Club President, please give me a call today at 800-376-5988 x 301 or Email Jon@MySportsDreams.com so we can arrange a convenient time to speak. Our fall campaign schedule is filling up fast so make sure you respond today. I don't want you to get shut out!

I look forward to speaking with you and learning more about your financial needs.

Tom Hess
    VP of Sales
    o: 800-376-5988 x 313
    c: 914-806-2125

http://www.MySportsDreams.com
    364 Adams Street
    Bedford Hills, NY 10507
    mail to: tom@mysportsdreams.com
    "The most trusted fundraising source for America's sports teams"
    Letís add your martial arts club to this list!

I
    It has that whole mass produced junk-mail flair to it, and the website offered precious little money on how the "fundraising" actually works. I sent a reply email asking for more information, and a detailed account of how exactly they plan on helping us raise funds.
    In any event, while I'm waiting for said email, has anyone ever heard of these guys before?
    I'll post more information as it comes.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 8:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude it's spam. They are calling you Club President like it's your first and last name...

Just how many Pyramid schemes have you bought into, McClaw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 9:16pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    Dude it's spam. They are calling you Club President like it's your first and last name...

Just how many Pyramid schemes have you bought into, McClaw?
    None so far, and I want to keep it that way. If it is a pyramid scheme, then we should at least make record of it as such.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 9:22pm

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe they want all your members to wear that condom depot sign across their butt durning matches.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/26/2008 2:33am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    I sent a reply email asking for more information, and a detailed account of how exactly they plan on helping us raise funds.
    Get a new e-mail address.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    8/26/2008 6:58am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just checked out the site.

Basically they have every member of your team send a form letter (tearjerker-with a picture of the team) to all the team members friends and family asking for a $25 donation.

For higher donations you give the donor a prize that you purchase from the profits. For example a gift card from Home Depot.

If you want to use this method of fundraising, you could do it yourself.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    8/26/2008 6:19pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    I just checked out the site.

Basically they have every member of your team send a form letter (tearjerker-with a picture of the team) to all the team members friends and family asking for a $25 donation.

For higher donations you give the donor a prize that you purchase from the profits. For example a gift card from Home Depot.

If you want to use this method of fundraising, you could do it yourself.
    Sure sounds like something you can do yourself.

I have a few golden rules when it comes to all things financal one of them being "If it sounds too good to be true, then your being scamed"

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 12:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, I came across this site bc I sometimes Google my own company. It's not a pyramid scheme. It's a proven system that's worked for over 15,000 high school and college teams nationwide. People don't have to buy any crap and there's no "sob story" involved. We write and design professional letters that athletes send to their friends and family. As far as discounts go, everyone who receives the letter has access to our discount database, no strings attached. I guess you can look at the e-mail you got as spam, but at one time or another someone entered it on our site, and we make it very easy to unsubscribe. I understand some things are too good to be true, that's why this isn't for everyone, and since there is no money due upfront, we don't make money unless the team does. If you have any issues you can call me personally on my cell at 781-844-2264, Nick. (And if it makes any difference I've been doing BJJ for several years)

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 12:14am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NMSpirito2 View Post
    I guess you can look at the e-mail you got as spam, but at one time or another someone entered it on our site
    Then

If you have any issues you can call me personally on my cell at 781-844-2264
    Boy, I sure hope nobody enters that phone number on the men's room wall at Blow Buddies tonight!

Well, not before I get there anyway.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 12:20am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Boy, I sure hope nobody enters that phone number on the men's room wall at Blow Buddies tonight!
    Is that the place where they teach you how to make balloon animals?

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast