Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2009 8:15am

Style: Vale-Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Small u.g. MMA league needs am fighters for dec 13th show

We are in need of fighters for our dec 13th show, the show is located about 20 miles south of albany ny, we use unified am mma rules,

this is our 10th show, check vids at you-tube (empire state warrior challenge)

we offer fights mainly to beginners & we do have a masters class for fighters over 35, this is great for career guys who want to try mma, great shot !
    also if you are a younger guy who is not seeking a pro career but just wants to try fighting let us know we will match you accoringly

profits go to charity (local family who's breadwinner was shot trying to break up a gang fight)

simply we are not a big promotion, but a place to try & fight where you can get the rust out & move onto bigger & better things, we give trophies & are trying to get t-shirts, I am in need of the following fights currently

these are bouts that are guarenteed!

#1 - 139 fighter with no bouts, 6 months or less experience
    #1- 145 fighter 0-3 bouts
    #1 155 fighter 0-3 bouts
    #1- 185 fighter 3 or more bouts (open class)
    #1-165 fighter no bouts 6 months or less exp.
    #1- 165 fighter 3 or less bouts
    #1 - 195 fighter 3 or less bouts
    #1- 205 fighter 3 or less bouts
    #1- super heavyweight

Masters class age 35 + (no pro bouts)
    #1 - 175 - 185 lb fighter
    #1 - 185 - 195 lb fighter
    #1- 195-210 lb fighter
    #1 heavyweight

I liken our event to the bengal Bouts of Notre Dame, we be strong to help those who are weak!
    my office, yes a church!
    518-872-9239

Posted On:
    11/02/2009 2:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi my name is Tyler, Im not sure if this is the right guy but if it is then you have met Dom the dominator gildersleeve.... he is a guy that i train with and harley his corner man is my main instructor.... at the moment they are willing to bring me with them to the event, I have very little instruction mostly just basics of striking and bjj. I currently weigh 138 pounds and i am 5 foot 10... i would perfer to fight someone that is not going to completley rock my world as this would be my first non sparring match.... I dont realy have big plans with mma and its not a career choice for me but i would love to get into some BJJ trourneys and i figured your events would be a great place to meet the people i would need to go in that direction... if you have a chance to get back to me i would appreciate it so that i can further my training for a match thank you very much ~Tyler "FearlesS" Fuller~

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 10:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have a match for you!

we have a bout for you, I will call dom!

feel free to call with any questions

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 10:47am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question...is MMA sanctioned in NY State?
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 10:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    Question...is MMA sanctioned in NY State?
    No, but weirdly the way the rules are written leaves amateur fights both legal and un-regulated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 11:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

yes true,

that is how the state previso is written, it clearly states that the entire code for boxing & professional wrestling only concerns itself with "professional contests,"

& the ban on combat sports launguage also clearly states this applies only to "professional contests" it just shows they only care about $$

our bouts are really more like sparring with a winner! great time & a great cause, we have done 9 shows, this is our 10th one!

we have a great time & raise $$ for great causes,

so it won't count against your record, not that your amature record means anything anyway! & you can fight!

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 11:12am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a warning to any potential competitors. If they do not have an insurance policy do not fight.

IDK how it works in NY but if its not sanctioned by an athletic commission they are not required to have insurance and you will be left holding the bag when it comes to any medical attention you may need. Unless he can guarantee in writing that he will cover any and all medical cost you should not fight for them.

It has nothing to do with being tough but responsible.

Sorry I don't mean to bust balls but if its not covered by insurance you should not be doing this. The term underground is what makes me think it is not please correct me if I am wrong.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 11:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

just sparring1

once again, we just really let guys spar, we do not cover you with insurance for medical, but require you have your own, we do carry ins. for specattors as is required of the facility,

we do not allow ground n pound & anyway most event ins. policies do not cover competitiors anyway, unless you go to usa boxing or usa wrestling, we are upfront that you are competing in a known dangerous sport, and as most fighters will tell you you fall under an implied risk clause. this is not anything big just a chance to try some different partners,

we have had 9 events, over 100 bouts, with no serious injuries, I thought I made that clear, i guess I did not, we do have emergency medical personell present,

I post here because this alot like bullshido's throwdowns, we are making a much bigger deal than it really is, I know many gyms who do these, boxing -muay thai & mma! so why not do something good while working out! we tell guys what it is upfront! & to date we have raised over $30,000 for various families with young children in need! sorry I don't think i represented myself well & I do appologize!, unfortunatly it will not let me edit my first post!, moderator you can delete it if you want!
    Last edited by rev.jc; 11/03/2009 11:40am at .

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 11:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really not a big deal guys, if you don't have insurance don't go fight.

I never got the deal with underground ****. If you are a grown ass man and you want to fight a guy who may have AIDS, with no medical insurance, well great!

No one forces anyone to do anything underground.

Hell you don't get checked up for in boxing smokers, grappling tourneys, etc.

I do believe testing and insurance is good and neccessary, but having been on both ends of the deal, don't whine about stuff like this and play all mother hen to grown as adults.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 1:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

thank you LI Guy

I miss the days when guys from Bulshido actually fought, I have gathered several fighters for our past events from this sight, like LI guy, but as of late it seems I am becomeing somewhat of an eyesore.

I just want to make a few points,

#1- USA boxing doesn't do an HIV or hep test period, niether does usa wrestling, or to my knowledge usa judo, MASS,VT,NJ & several other key states at last press did not make amatures have it either, it is great to have I guess minus the simple medical fact that you bleed out & not in, so contracting a blood born pathogeon this way would be unlikely at best (check medical journals) but anyway I guess it would be ideal, do you check all of your sparring partners?

#2- We are upfront with what we are, just fun & fighting, we tell you endless times if you get hurt you must cover your own cost!

LI GUY or GIJOE if you guys have any green guys or if you would be willing to come back down to our level we would be glad to have you, heck I can even get you guys a room, pm me or e-mail me & thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast