Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 11:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anderson Silva: "Lyoto Won All Rounds"

http://tatame.com.br/2009/10/26/Ande...odos-os-rounds

Anderson Silva was closely following the fight between Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" and discussed the controversial outcome to the talks TATAME. For the middleweight champion of the event, the Judges made the correct assessment. "The Lyoto fought well, was very well trained. It was a hard fought fight. Shogun fought at his pace very well, was very well prepared, is very experienced, but the technique was superior and Lyoto won resoundingly, "said Anderson.

According to the training partner Lyoto, they should go home and draw a new strategy for a possible rematch, confident that the karateka won the fight. "They fought well, made a good fight, but Machida won well. Now it is back home and see what he had supposedly done wrong. This struggle has passed, does not matter anymore, he is the champion, a great person, a great athlete, "he said, congratulating the performance of former fellow Chute Boxe.

"Shogun has done well, this fight was a fight that all MMA fans liked to see. In my opinion, Lyoto won all rounds. Shogun drew a good strategy to attack the legs, but it was not enough. There are coaches who have to decide, but the judges ... Lyoto won well, now it's back to training as soon as possible ", concluded Anderson.

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 11:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope someone paid Anderson a loooooooooot of money to say that. I really do.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 12:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, a judge worse than Cecil Peoples!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 12:09am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva-Rua, UFC Whenever.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 12:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first of all Cecil Peoples has no right judging a MMA fight in the US because US scoring system favors the fighter who scores more than trying to finish the fight, He should know better cause the fight didn't happened in Japan. Regarding the clean strikes, if you saw Machida's cuts all over his face and damages in his legs, you know it came from clean strikes, if he really was saying that them as judges had the clearer view of what's happening inside the cage he should have know that Shogun kicks were all clean. I really believe People's karate backround had helped him influenced his scoring cause Machida's karate flashes will really make you think he's scoring

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 1:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida had a cut on his face, Shogun's face was much more bruised and his midsection was just as bad as Machida's.

And if it took five rounds, no, those were not all clean leg kicks. It was a well executed attrition tactic, but I'm amazed at Lyoto's durability. He looked hurt once. He slowed down and got a little more timid after three rounds of rib and thigh abuse from of what's supposed to be the best Muay Thai at 205.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 2:57am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was I the only one that thought Machida looked completely off his game, even after the first 2 minutes?

Some could argue its because Shogun came out in fantastic shape and also fought a good match ... but I really don't think he looked good, even at the start of the match!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 7:11am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    after comments like that i wouldn't mind if they did anderson/rua.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 8:28am

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what? you're saying machida's friend and training buddy thought machida won the fight? what a surprise.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 9:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so.. is shotokan back to being 't3h krotty' yet?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast