Hapkido Instructor

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 2:19pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

International Hapkido Federation

We teach the two main aspects of this art in our schools:
    We are NOT a competition school as we focus on street application and not sport. Our school has a long history of battelfield effectiveness and progressive real world application. The reason we do not compete is not because we are too tough. It is because our techniques are not desigend for sport competition but to maim or kill the attacking enemy as quickly and effectively as possible.
    NOTE: Children's classes are of course in a much lighter atmosphere and taught for self-defense, character building, discipline, and self confidence.

1.) The original purpose was military combat, both armed and unarmed.
    The rules are very simple. In the course of martial combat, there are permant disablities inflicted and/or people are killed.

2.) The self-defense used outside the military is to defend yourself without causing any "permanent physical damage" to the attacker (if possible).
    Does that mean you do not cause sprains, dislocations, or broken bones? Not neccessarily. Even though the street may be a bit different from the battlefield, the attacker(s) makes your choices for you by their choice of attack. They may attack with a weapon or deadly intent. In these cases, they leave you with no options. It means you do your best not to inflict "permanant physical disabilities" or death on the attacker(s) if it can be avoided or prevented. You can't let your ego get involved in physical conflict. Because of the laws that govern us, you have to maintain more control in the civilian arena which takes a great deal of mastery and high level of maturity.
    Law Enforcement personnel enjoy the way the techniques work on the street. The only way to see for your self is to come train.

Children's classes are taught a bit different.

The Children's classes teach children to deter an abduction or kidnapping and they learn how to defend against bullies. These rules are also very simple. In the course of being grabbed, there are possible permanant disablities inflicted on the attacker. The childrens's class is a very traditional class with as much attention spent on discipine and reward as on technique. NOTE: To parents that put their kids in a less expensive schools and are looking for a "good deal", please choose the safety of your children over money.
    Last edited by hapkiyoosool; 8/30/2010 4:21pm at . Reason: Ratings update.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow. did you even try to read the ratings guidelines?

Ratings and You - Read This Before Posting Your Review - No BS Martial Arts

and

RATINGS: How Do Aliveness.....does your school look like this? - No BS Martial Arts

you know, the 2 posts at the top of this forum that say "read me before you post your review"???

seems to me that you probably need to rethink and edit the scores you assigned for "aliveness" "striking instruction" "grappling instruction" and "weapons instruction"

you really need to read those threads before you make yourself and your school look any worse.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Hapkido Instructor

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 3:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    wow. did you even try to read the ratings guidelines?

Ratings and You - Read This Before Posting Your Review - No BS Martial Arts

and

RATINGS: How Do Aliveness.....does your school look like this? - No BS Martial Arts

you know, the 2 posts at the top of this forum that say "read me before you post your review"???

seems to me that you probably need to rethink and edit the scores you assigned for "aliveness" "striking instruction" "grappling instruction" and "weapons instruction"

you really need to read those threads before you make yourself and your school look any worse.
    Have you ever tained at our school? I am only asking because so many people have visited us and trained with us. If you haven't trained with us, how do you know the rating is wrong or "make our school look even worse"(whatever that means)? Just asking, not challenging. If you are in the area, why not come and train with my Black Belt class and make a educated opinion. I beleive that is the best idea for anyone. You can't really judge any school by videos on the internet, rumors, or hearsay. Please. If you have visited our school, please explain your disagreement. Thanks for your post and interest in our review.
    Last edited by hapkiyoosool; 4/16/2009 3:22pm at . Reason: added a bit more info.

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkiyoosool View Post
    Have you ever tained at our school? I am only asking because so many people have visited us and trained with us. If you haven't trained with us, how do you know the rating is wrong or "make our school look even worse"(whatever that means)? Just asking, not challenging. If you are in the area, why not come and train with my Black Belt class and make a educated opinion. I beleive that is the best idea for anyone. You can't really judge any school by videos on the internet, rumors, or hearsay. Please. If you have visited our school, please explain your disagreement. Thanks for your post and interest in our review.
    You have freely admitted in other threads that your training does not match your ratings. So please shut the **** up.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 3:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkiyoosool View Post
    did you read the links? if you read the links you would know that just by the information you posted in your review, you cannot live up to those ratings.

i was not disrespectful of you or your school in my reply, so i don't see why you got your panties in a bunch.

*you* obviously did not follow the rules of this forum. many others will be harsher than i was in their criticisms of your review.

fucktard.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Hapkido Instructor

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    You have freely admitted in other threads that your training does not match your ratings. So please shut the **** up.
    Please show me the links where I say that we do not have full contact training or weapons training in relation to breaking bones, ripping out joints,or killing. I did say we don't compete. That doesn't mean we don't do full contact. Wake up kid, there is a bigger world out there than the chip on your shoulder. Everything we do is full contact. We wear NO pads or cups or mouth protectors. We attack at full speed and power. How do you do joint locks and throws if there is no contact? How do you strike and kick without touching people? If you can tell me how to do this, my job is easier. Yes we do strike and kick! Suprised? How do you think we practice strike defense and kick defense if we don't attack each other with such attacks. How do we attack like that unless we know how to strike and kick? Just because we don't use kicks in our techniques doesn't mean I wouldn't kick your knees out from under you if given to the chance just to show you how good our kicks are or hit you in the throat with my elbow. Know your enemy and know yourself. You don't know anything about me except the limited info on the internet. Don't talk about what we do or do not do or train a certain way unless you have been in our school long enough to get at least a black belt with us or attend an extended seminar.

If you have a personal problem with me I have this suggestion.
    I will come to where you train and show you. I have said that in this forum. This "old man" as you put it, will show you how the world turns upside-down.
    Not a threat, I just think you need to be educated about what it is exactly what we do for sure. If anyone knows where "1point2" trains, kindly let me know. I have some air miles I need to use before they expire. It would be fun. Keep talking smack kid. Tell me what I teach. I am not angry but, "You're mouths writing checks your body can't cash." I got that of a movie somewhere and still think it's funny. You may think it's cute to taunt an unknown enemy. It is your loss.

You cannot make unsubstantiated remarks on a school you have never been to. Here is an easy assessment of our school for you.

Our Hapkido= break things and kill people. Extensive use of pressure points and practice kicks/striking. Sword, jo/bo, spear, naginata, and other weapons.

How do we use the same type of techniques that Aikido does and still be who we claim to be? Funny thing is that Aikijujutsu also shares the same techniques as well as Chin-a in China, jujutsu, and many other forms of martial arts. Are you willing to call on their schools and tell them how they train w/o ever meeting them? If you are, you're living with a blindfold on and ignorance is bliss. I can get a whole slew of these kinds of people together and I am sure they would visit you as well. Really.

We pride ourselves in that we have been teaching the military to fight and kill more proficiently since 1960. Pictures on our website are proof enough ot that. They do no train for sport. Neither do we.

We are a full contact school. We are VERY alive! We attack at full speed with full power when you reach proficiency to do so, it is what I said it is. We do this type of training. Therefore I gave us a fair rating of alive/10, striking and grappling("grabbing" in the dictionary) that is tested on a regular basis/9, and weapons for breaking bones and killing/10. Our style is designed to get a miltary member combat ready in 6 months at 4 to 6 hours of training a day in 5 day work week. Doesn't mean they're a black belt but they know enough to kill on the battlefield.

If you are man enough to bring yourself to my school instead of talking trash, then you will have the privilege of talking about my school as if you have been here, if you do ever show up. Unlikely though. IF you ever show up you can attack me anyway you want as hard as you want. No pads or safety equipment. Only the tamami mats on the floor. You have never met me nor trained with me. Until you have, Do not comment on what we do or do not do or what we teach.

BTW, we have a seminar in June here in Hollywood, FL if your interested.

I think that is fair.

Hapkido Instructor

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was not attacking you either Ming. Really. Not an personal attack on you. I was putting in the most respecful way as well. Notice I did say I am not attacking you or challenging you. If you could explain to me (as I asked) why you feel that way then I will listen. I am open to corrective criticism. Honestly. I would like to ask you again if you would like to visit and try out one of our black belt classes, an real invitation not a pansy whine.

Have you been to our school?

You're right. Maybe I don't understand the rating system completely. Maybe you can lend me a hand. I am really a nice guy. ^_^

I did not mean to put forth a "panties in a bunch" attitude. If I did, I wish words on these pages could express my tone of voice. I know you were not disrepecting me and niether was I to you. I never attack anyone in this forum, I merely defend my stances. It seems that even the most legitimate martial artsists get called fakes and posers in here. Not always with attitude as we are used to in most forums.

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 10:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok. i'm gonna do my best to be diplomatic here. i still don't think you read the threads i linked to. the reason i linked to them was that i don't want to type it all in again.

we are having a difference of opinion on terminology, but just like when reading heidegger's philosophy, you have to accept his use of certain terms, to communicate on bullshido, you will have to learn some of the terminology.

i will start with two terms, "full contact" and "aliveness"

full contact, in the general opinion here, only exists in a real fight, or in the ring/cage. people do not spar full contact ever. when you step into the ring/cage or get jumped on the street, the other person is trying to hurt you and end the fight ASAP. they are not your friend, they are not holding back, and they don't care if you go home on a stretcher.

what happens in your school/club/dojo/dojang is at best hard contact sparring. i find it hard to believe that you are throwing full power strikes and joint locks at your school. you wouldn't have any students left.

aliveness, as we use it here, refers to a certain type of training, popularized by matt thornton, that emphasizes progressive resistance, and sport style training. i cannot give it justice in a few lines. please read the threads i linked in my first post they will explain everything much better than i can.

the rating system uses some very specific guidelines to assign the numbers. very few schools qualify for a "10" in striking or grappling. mine doesn't, yet i put up an honest review that accurately describes what goes on in our classes.

unfortunately for you, a school that doesn't compete will never get top ratings around here. that's not saying that it is a bad school, but that means that it doesn't fit this website's criteria of what a "10" in striking is. if you don't like it, you don't have to post a review or you can post one without the ratings.

i think that if you read those 2 threads you will get a much better understanding of why you got the reception you did.

hope that helps.

Hapkido Instructor

Posted On:
    4/18/2009 10:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PEFECT! Thank you Ming! That did really help. Hmmm, I see what you mean. This sites rating differ from others. As for my ratings, I can re-do them at this sites expectations. Not a problem.

Again, thanks for clearing it up for me Ming! ^_^

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2009 10:13am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched the punch defense video that is accessible from the web page provided, the techniques shown are the same catch-a-fish-in-midair and twist and the opponent goes flying crap that everyone knows doesn't work. If these are the "deadly" techniques you're claiming I'm telling you they're absolute crap.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast