Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 7:18am

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ninjutsu Martial Arts dojo in Hampton,Va

I was looking at some alternate ways to setup a basic armbar while I was on my lunch break, and I stumbled upon this YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuubUrbanNinja

He mentioned he studied Koga-ryu Ninjutsu. After pointing out that I'd like some proof of lineage/transmission, I was told to go visit his website. I did and came up with this:

http://www.freewebs.com/ninjutsu-martial-arts/

According to his website, "The Dojo - We have been in business since 2003. Our goal has been to teach the people of Hampton Roads true and effective self defense. We train you for real confrontations on the street , not for tournaments, or to score points. We teach in a serious , yet friendly manner and atmosphere.

Sensei Shawn Lewis

Sensei Lewis is a 4th Degree Black Belt in Shinobi No Jitsu "Way Of The Winds System". He has studied ninjutsu under Shihan Ali A. Karim for 24 years. Sensei Lewis has also crossed trained in other well known arts such as Aikijujitsu, Sanuces ryu, & Jiujitsu. Sensei Lewis is part of the "Way of The Winds System" family Created by O'Sensei Ronald Duncan. Sensei Lewis's teacher Shihan karim is a direct student of Grand master Duncan, and Master Duncan is credited as the "Father Of American Ninjutsu".

So off I went to find this "Shihan Karims" and "O Sensei/Grand Master Ronald Duncan".

From Shihan Karims website, "Some of the arts that Master Karim has studied is Aikijutsu, Kempo Jutsu, Hakko Ryu Jujutsu, Kenjutsu, Aikido under Prof. Luqman Hakeem, aspects of Shiao Lin Chin Na, Fu Jiao Pau, Pa Qua Kung Fu, Eagle Claw, White Eyebrow Kung Fu, Tai chi quan, Shiao Lin Chi Gung, Wing Chung Kung Fu, and the Monkey Style to name only a few.t only seemed natural for Master Karim to pursue the modern Western approach to balance his training. Master Karim is an expert in SWAT team operations, pistol disarmament, and special reaction security. In 1982, the Military Police Corps unit of the U.S. Army at Fort Dix, NJ awarded him a certificate of appreciation in recognition of his outstanding performance as a primary instructor for the National Association of Tactical Teams (NATT), a special reaction team for combat. Master Kareem earned a certificate of achievement for the completion of the Advanced Urban Assault Rappel course, and Advanced Elevated Urban Operations course. Master Karim is a Licensed Private Investigator and is a CEO of his own Security firm."

Shihan Ali A. Karims Dojo - http://www.freewebs.com/starandcrescentschool/index.htm

God damn! Can anyone confirm any of this?

I also took a look at his O Sensei's website: http://wayofthewinds.com/bio.htm

Ronald Duncan has taught Special Troops, Navy S.E.A.L. Teams, law enforcement agencies, and various government agencies in foreign countries. He is also a certified expert in firearms, and competition shooting. Having such knowledge in firearms, Professor Duncan is quite proficient in combative and gun disarming tactics. Since the establishment of his Way of the Winds™ System, schools internationally are affiliated with him. He has taught in Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Panama, England and South Africa. He has also been involved with the blind, physically handicapped, and homeless inner-city youth.

Ronald Duncan is a recipient of numerous Hall of Fame awards and honors including the Professional Karate Federation in 1977, Turtull Hall of Fame in 1981, Marine Martial Arts Federation Hall of Fame Charter Life Member in 1997, Martial Arts Masters, Pioneers & Legends Hall of Fame 1997, Tribute to the Greatest Masters of the Twentieth Century Hall of Fame (sponsored by Wesley Snipes) in 1998, and The World Head of Family Sokeship Council Hall of Fame 1999, and AFMA Hall of Fame 2000.

Grand Master Ronald Duncan

I really dunno' where to go from here. His grappling videos and self-defense videos raise a giant "WTFISDIZSHIT?!?!1!?!" flag...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 7:28am

Style: ju jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, at least O sensei is backed by the upstanding, taxpaying Wesley Snipes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 11:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New development, I've gotten a response regarding his lineage.

slamurai (4 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Remove

Kōku-ryū died off almost a century ago. If you, or someone else, can provide some historical proof that Kōku-ryū's lineage was passed down then I'd be happy to admit it's not a scam. Of course, finding said proof would pretty much turn the koryo martial arts community on it's ass, given that this horse has been beaten to death for years now...

Anyway, are you pals with Ashida Kim and/or Choson Ninja?

SuubUrbanNinja (2 hours ago) Show Hide Marked as spam Reply

Its didnt die. Only Fujitas wada ha families style. All koga ryu is was not from his family only. There were said to be 53 clans and even sub groups. So just give it up. Plus Kawakamai sensei is said to be 21 soke of a Koga ryu line different than Fujitas and He is endorsed by the Ninja Museum in japan and so far No disputes on it. Even the japanese Government has him do demos of Koga ryu. So please cut it. You bujinkulters and your commercial ploy to corner the market wont work!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 11:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to be clear, I don't practice Bujinkan's Taijutsu; however, I have a few close friends that do. I currently train at OAMA in Ottawa, Ontario.

I invited him to this forum to defend himself.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How far is Hampton from DC?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 7:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    How far is Hampton from DC?
    Around 2.5 hours South East of Washington, DC. Have a look at his videos if you like. One thing I find amusing is how he armbars without creating leverage with the hips, instead opting for simply using biceps to uncurl the arm. I'm sure I'm missing lots of other things, but that's just one of the things that sorta' jumped out at me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2009 7:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All he keeps saying is come to my dojo and I'll prove to you that I know what I'm talking about. He seems to be mighty prood of his certificates anyway...

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/02/2009 1:41pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i've got a place in Alexandria with mats. I offer myself for gong sau.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    4/02/2009 10:25pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamurai View Post
    All he keeps saying is come to my dojo and I'll prove to you that I know what I'm talking about. He seems to be mighty prood of his certificates anyway...
    When he does a search for his school ('ninjutsu hampton') and sees that this Bullshido thread is either #1 or #2, it might prod him to come on here.

Watching those videos, it is the typical compliant partner allowing the other to do whatever they want. They'll then say that they can't resist too much because it is too deadly.

In the 'On Deadly Ground' video, the BJJ 'inspired' techniques were too loose even at zero resistance. After several takedowns, the bottom person was just given an underhook (big no-no). The 'double leg' was unrealistic. Bottom escapes and attacks would not work on a resisting opponent (relied on the opponent staying in range instead of instinctively moving away from the attack).

Anyways, had to get that off my chest.

I'm not holding my breath for them to jump into this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 9:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    When he does a search for his school ('ninjutsu hampton') and sees that this Bullshido thread is either #1 or #2, it might prod him to come on here.

Watching those videos, it is the typical compliant partner allowing the other to do whatever they want. They'll then say that they can't resist too much because it is too deadly.

In the 'On Deadly Ground' video, the BJJ 'inspired' techniques were too loose even at zero resistance. After several takedowns, the bottom person was just given an underhook (big no-no). The 'double leg' was unrealistic. Bottom escapes and attacks would not work on a resisting opponent (relied on the opponent staying in range instead of instinctively moving away from the attack).

Anyways, had to get that off my chest.

I'm not holding my breath for them to jump into this thread.

To be clear, I'm calling into question a few things:

1. There is no training in assassination, espionage/concealment, bomb/poison making, fighting/swimming/riding in armour. What I see is sloppy pre-1888 jujutsu, so why call it 'koga ninjutsu'?

2. Even though the techniques are described as being "only for the streets", most of them seem overcomplicated and would only be effective on a passive and non-resisting opponent. Do you really think a sloppy takedown or fancy wristlock will work when your opponent isn't just standing still like a Hindu cow?

3. A common scenario given out is that the victim is being attacked by multiple opponents. If this is the case, why didn't they simply bootfuck you while you spent 4-5 seconds on the ground with one of their buddies?

@ Hedgehogey; That's a nice offer from the 'Anti-Ninja' Gong Sau champion, but I very much doubt he's be up for that since that would be "tournament ****". He might be up for getting mugged though, since thats apparently what his techniques are meant for...
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast