Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Choclate milk

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Training substances

Hello,

Im using NO2 explode now, and I feel as if it is retaining weight on me. It has creatine and last time I used creatine, it made me fat, I dont think I was taking it right, but Im pretty sure I was following the results on the bottle.

As for the NO2 explode, I got on the scale today and I was 260 lbs. Made me feel like a fat ass, my average weight over the past year was around 230. My body fat which was taken by an inacreate scale, was 29 percent. Last time I was on the scale I was 250 with 24 percent body fat.

Im wondering if Im taking this stuff right to! I take one scoop about 45 mins, than I take another scoop, and go workout. I work out for about 45mins a day. I lift weights 2 times a week. I know the weights have made me bulk up a little bit over the winter.

I usally take vitamins, I eat about 5-6 times aday, they are a little bigger than supposed to be. I stopped using sugar in my diet as well, Im pretty sure I have been sucking down way to much in my coffees and teas!

Any additional info is very welcome. And you can lock the thread and tell me to read the rules, and the stickies, but I already have. I have another profile, and forgot the information and email I used so I started this one now. Ive been on this board for a little over a year now.

Jim

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 3:16pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creatine does not cause you to retain fat, that is a product of your (I assume poor) diet. Creatine will cause water retention, but this shouldn't result in an increase in body fat percentage.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay well I used creatine a ways back. Are their any fat reducers out there that are halfway decent and wont have you drop dead like anna nicole?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 6:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 6:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I expected you to say "exercise", Russ
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 7:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Hello,

Im using NO2 explode now, and I feel as if it is retaining weight on me. It has creatine and last time I used creatine, it made me fat, I dont think I was taking it right, but Im pretty sure I was following the results on the bottle.

As for the NO2 explode, I got on the scale today and I was 260 lbs. Made me feel like a fat ass, my average weight over the past year was around 230. My body fat which was taken by an inacreate scale, was 29 percent. Last time I was on the scale I was 250 with 24 percent body fat.

Im wondering if Im taking this stuff right to! I take one scoop about 45 mins, than I take another scoop, and go workout. I work out for about 45mins a day. I lift weights 2 times a week. I know the weights have made me bulk up a little bit over the winter.

I usally take vitamins, I eat about 5-6 times aday, they are a little bigger than supposed to be. I stopped using sugar in my diet as well, Im pretty sure I have been sucking down way to much in my coffees and teas!

Any additional info is very welcome. And you can lock the thread and tell me to read the rules, and the stickies, but I already have. I have another profile, and forgot the information and email I used so I started this one now. Ive been on this board for a little over a year now.

Jim
    Please post your training regime and example of a day's food diary.

The chances that you're either not training properly or need to change your diet are a lot more likely than using a supplement incorrectly.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 7:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I expected you to say "exercise", Russ
    In politics, there's a saying: "the people get the government they deserve."

The same principle applies to advice.

Someone who is making an effort to figure out, at minimum, what it is that they don't know will eventually arrive at something approaching the right questions. And if they ask the right questions, they deserve the right answers.

But when someone asks a question that, in and of itself, betrays fundamental misunderstandings they have and mistakes they're making, do they really deserve the kind of effort it'd require to ferret those issues out and force them to re-evaluate their whole approach?

I don't know. Maybe, if I'm feeling generous (or decide to show off).
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 8:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel View Post
    Please post your training regime and example of a day's food diary.

The chances that you're either not training properly or need to change your diet are a lot more likely than using a supplement incorrectly.
    First Id like to say, lol, at the guy who said "sigh".:thebirdma

Second to awnser the quote above Ill post what a normal day is and what I do over the week.

Wake up. I get about 6-8 hours of sleep a day, I always aim for 7.
    I have my 2 cups of coffee in the morning immediatly, followed by some shark cartilidge and some vitamin C.
    I than have breakfast by the time Im done the second cup of coffee. I usally cook 2 hamburg patties, with cheese and french fires. The hamburg patties are about 40 grams of protein, and the fries are a hand ful with cheese, and no cooked in grease.

I follow breakfast with some of that No2 explode, and sit for 45 mins, than take another dose, and wait 15-20 mins before work out begins.

Work out consists of 4 sets of 50 push ups, sit ups, squats. Warmed up I hit the jump rope for 25 mins. Than 10 mins of shadow boxing. Ending with 25 of those up down things. I hate them more than anything.

Usally takes anwhere from 45-60mins.

Now mind you Ive only been up for about 3 hours so far.
    I will have one more good meal after wards, usally some bread and 2 more hamburgs plain for the other 40 grams of protein. Than its off to work.

During work I usally snake on a mix of crackers, baby carrots, a cheap health bar. I will do this every 2.5-3 hours. Not to much, just enough usally to knick the appeatite away. Oh and I left out the Hoho's! Now I usally have something a bit filling towards the end of the night, like a tall chicken rice soup from th chinese store.

After work, or mabey when Im not working I will have some beer, light beer only. Ill suck those things down like water.

During the corse of every day, I will suck down anywhere from 3-6 cups of coffee, loaded with sugar as well.

Twice a week I hit the weights. One day I do upper, the next I do lower. I do the 5x5s at a relativly modest setting. I usally bench my weight, which I thought was 240, and then curl about 120, and do a hand ful of other thigns, and on the legs days, I do the squats, dead lifts, adn 2 other exerices. I skip the jump rope on these days, and do the shadow boxing, plus the dreaded up downs.

And I take one day off a week where I dont exercise as well.

Thats about the extent of what my schedual looks like.

I usally change my rotuine up when ever work outs start to get boring, usally 3-4 months of the same thing. But I plan on changing that to every 2 months regaurdless. I did change it this week as well, and will be dropping sugar in the coffee and the Hoho's as well!

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 8:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    First Id like to say, lol, at the guy who said "sigh".:thebirdma
    Did you click on the links right below it?

sochin, I assume you see what I mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 8:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    Did you click on the links right below it?

sochin, I assume you see what I mean...
    Yeah I clicked them, just got done reading them too. I usally try to keep my calorie intake around 2-3k a day.

How can one figure out what then need for their own caloric needs for a day?

I was well aware of the 1st one, an NO explode does contain some creatine in it, so that would explain some of the weight gain.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast