Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 9:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!

SECRET CIA MARTIAL ARTS

I live in Adelaide, Australia and my friend has claimed he is now being trained by someone who has learned a secret central intelligence agency martial art. He pays $150 AU a month to go this guy and aparently all they have learnt so far is knife defence. They do not warm up at all during the lesson either.

Not only is this suspicious enough, he had to sign a contract that made him keep the entire thing a secret!

I learn BJJ at the Brazilian Top Team base in Adelaide and i have questioned him about the entire thing. Because of this he asked his trainer about BJJ....and the guy claims he 'knows it' and that he will train him in BJJ...

I know some of the guys at BTT train Krav Maga at another school but i doubt they claim its a 'secret art' of the CIA.

I think this is a classic case of Bullshido and that ill prove it to him when he rolls with me and i will explain that he was not taught BJJ at all (I suspect he will be taught an armbar/triangle/guillotine and not anything else)

But before I go all out on trying to disprove this secret CIA martial art is tehre by any slim slim slim slight possibility that he is not bullshiting and that he is teaching something 'secret'?...in Adelaide (which i might add is at the bottom of Australia)

His training sounds similar to combatives/Krav Maga....but i doubt its either....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 10:00pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no "secret" CIA martial art.

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 10:05pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CIA training for its case officers is roughly 6 months long. In the early 2000s they spent half of one week on hand to hand combat instruction for their trainees. They spent far more time studying more useful topics like detecting and avoiding surveillance by hostile intelligence agencies. Get a copy of Lindsay Moran's book "Blowing My Cover, My Life as A CIA Spy" (putnam, 2005)

Alternatively you could ask the teacher to prove he ever worked out out a US embassy under state department cover. (The vast majority of the CIA's case officers spend at least some time assigned to embassies pretending to be such employees)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 10:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info guys...I think this guy is an Aussie and i doubt he has ever been to America to train with the "CIA" so i would not know.

I will get my friend to ask him who taught him BJJ and were did he train at because BJJ instructors are usually pretty easy to verify in terms of them being legit.

Im just pissed off his wasteing his at this place...he found out about it when some random drunk guy came up to him and told him about it one night....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 10:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
    There is no "secret" CIA martial art.
    He's obviously one of them. His denials only serve to further prove the existance of this secret CIA martial art. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE, PEOPLE.

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 11:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "the first rule of CIA secret-fight club, is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT CIA secret-fight club"

"the second rule of CIA secret-fight club, is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT CIA secret-fight club"

"the third rule of CIA secret-fight club, is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT CIA secret-fight club"
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 11:27pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your friend is either a liar, or being played. Those are the only two options. Trust me on this.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 11:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you be any more specific?, i.e., the instructors name, does he give a trial class?

Regardless, go to a class with or without your friend and get us some more information about the guy.

Name
    Address of School
    Details of any Cert/Degrees/Diplomas/Recognition Docs hanging on the school walls.

Ask him where ad in what capacity he learned his MA system. 99.9% of the time the best way to get to the bottom of these types of things is to simply go to the school, observe, train, ask questions (but don't go overboard or be confrontational) and come back here with your findings.

Good luck....Oh yeah, and listen to Cassius.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 11:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas View Post
    Can you be any more specific?, i.e., the instructors name, does he give a trial class?

Regardless, go to a class with or without your friend and get us some more information about the guy.

Name
    Address of School
    Details of any Cert/Degrees/Diplomas/Recognition Docs hanging on the school walls.

Ask him where ad in what capacity he learned his MA system. 99.9% of the time the best way to get to the bottom of these types of things is to simply go to the school, observe, train, ask questions (but don't go overboard or be confrontational) and come back here with your findings.

Good luck....Oh yeah, and listen to Cassius.
    Cheers mate ill try and look more into it. I wouldnt mind going with some other BJJ guys to see what exactly this guy does but i suspect ill have to sign a form just to observe his secret deadly art. I could even film some if it as well.

The guy holds lessons three times a week and all my friend has learnt is knife denfence so far....and i think his going to go out of his way to teach my friend some BJJ....

This may turn out to be interesting and thanks for the advice :D

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2009 12:05am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell your friend the authorities will be contacting him shortly.

The purveyor of this knowledge is in deep and mighty trouble.

:evil6:
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast