Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 10:22pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

John M. LaTourrette Is A Liar, Part 2

Due to the size of the thread, the impact on database performance, and the sheer number of pages and posts, the mods have asked that this thread be separated into two parts. This begins Part 2. The beginning of Part 1 is at: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47659 The end of Part 1 is at http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...47659&page=106

Who would have ever thought this thread would have generated this much interest...and controversy?

To summarize this much material is nearly impossible, but here are the main points (and it is highly likely I will miss some) that have arisen regarding the sleazoid John M. LaTourrette:
    • John M. LaTourrette likes to use the title of doctor, based on a fake Ph.D he obtained from an illegal degree mill called Columbia Pacific University, which was shut down by California authorities.
    • John M. LaTourrette claims he has no less than four 10th degree black belts. Only one of them has been able to be verified...the one he promoted himself to.
    • He claims more than 19 other black belts...and only 2 of them have had some (but by no means conclusive) verification.
    • John M. LaTourrette has been charging gullible suckers thousands of dollars for courses in something called Huna Magic, and similar bullshit scam courses in another phony pseudo-psycology called NLP. He convinces the suckers he can make them rich by thinking positive thoughts, and that they can heal diseases as well with their minds.
    • He now posts a disclaimer on his website stating that he is not a medical doctor, so that he can avoid going to jail or being sued for giving medical advice.
    • He has a very, very bad reputation, both in martial arts circles, and on the internet. Old timers in the arts call him La Toilet (apparently for his foul mouth and disparagement of others, both of which he tries to hide now).
    • He appears to crave infamy and worshipper types who will lick his boots, and give him praise. Like all maniacs he seems very insecure, and needs a cabal of losers to tell him how great he is.
    • And, he does have his supporters, mostly those who have purchased his courses and think they have magical powers and can hit faster than any human on earth.
    • His supporters, gulllible as they may be, have been given equal air time on this site. Yet, the phony John M. LaTourrette has not come forth on this site to answer the allegations against him. He relies on his suckers to do that for him, which is a sign of cowardice and fear.
    • Perhaps, we will yet hear from him, in Part 2 of this thread. No doubt in the meantime he will send other lackies to do his dirty work for him.
    • As has been requested, more proof regarding his various fake claims would be a positive.
    Last edited by botunga; 9/20/2007 10:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 3:53am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually managed to have a look at alot of John La Tourrette DVDs, what he basicaly does is regurgitate information he get from other sources, alot like Matt Furrey, and then flogs it off for a huge price

Some of the information he provides is valid, but most of the stuff he talks about, well, i doub he himself knows what he is talking about, like i sayed, he regurgitates information he herd somewhere else, and like mentioned, I have seen cources from Mind Control, to huna, Contecting Higher self, martial arts and much more

At one point i remember him talking about how he has a million dollars worth of jewlery at home that he cant wear because he has too much energy runing through his body and even needs to wear a ruber band under his watch so the energy doesnt hurt him, he treats his students like crap, even in the video, and teaches his second in comands to treat the other student like crap too

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 9:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    John M. LaTourrette is now #4 on the Geary Clowns Top 10 Clowns list. Here is the link with photos: http://geary-clown.com/Ten%20Most%20...0Top%20Ten.htm

The site is rather light on content, but does provide an interesting photo of LaTourrette.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 4:37pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Geary Clowns list is astounding. I can think of two or three others that belong there. I wonder who you talk to about adding candidates.

poser

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 1:50am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmillintkd
    The Geary Clowns list is astounding. I can think of two or three others that belong there. I wonder who you talk to about adding candidates.
    Ashida Kim should be up there. Coda Scott probably should be, too.

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 8:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aiki Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hmm my take away.

From the 1st giant list of these posts:
    " He claims he has “19 other Black Belts” in addition to the four 10th Dans. Where did he EARN them? What styles? Who promoted him? Once again, this claim can be assumed to be fraudulent based on a reasonable analysis of the situation. Does anyone on this forum have anywhere closed to that many Black Belts? Can anyone here point to anyone else in the martial arts that has performed a similar feat? Anyone can print up a bunch of Black Belt certificates, but I think most of us are only interested in the ones that were earned from a legitimate instructor."
    Well,
    It may have been on his site that is now down, and only points to a Apache Server but- - -

I can not find anywhere where he claimed to have 4 10th Dans. I read the list someone made of his training BIO and I read it as he was being trained by that long list of instructors. To me that would make sense since most people while learning training 3-4-5 styles over a number of years. When I read the list it looked like the people he was learning from where 5-6-7-8th and even the 10th Dan mentions and linked to. It did not appear from that list that he claimed to hold the 10th Dan Rank, or 4 of them.

If someone has a link to that claim from him I would like to see it, as I would certainly say that is a pile of - - B.S. from anyone.

I personally know several 9th and 10th Dans and these guys are the very real deal. If they walk in the room you can just feel it. Tadashi Yamashita, Ted Gambordella, just two I know are so amazing that they teach other instructors from all over the World. There is no way that John L. is anything like these Legends if he himself thinks he is, then he needs a moment of pause.

A link no one has mentioned is that this guy works with and around the Ross Jefferies Speed Seduction Guys he is even in several of his marketing videos in a Hawaii Seminar. At the time he referred to himself only as a 5th Dan, thought he did claim his Ph.D. at the time.

Now Ross Jefferies does make really good money selling his speed seduction crud, and marketing tapes. So the 1.2 Million made in another Dr. John sales letter claimed, could be possible from John in total sales if he has learned from Ross, Ross is like a king of B.S. and hype. His guarantee running in Penthouse magazine ads for about 10 years was "You get laid or I don't get paid" clever and simple. ( As far as the Gross of 1.2 Mill if he spent 800k in advertising sure it is possible that the gross is 1.2 Mill, all you do is write an ad test the ad, find one that works and then use that same add again and again.) Just remember sales do not mean profits.

Many companies operate on 8% profit margins. In insurance for example most companies make only 8% profit before the float. The same is true with Oil companies they make about 8-12% profits. So if you sell $100 you only profit $8. If you look at public financial records of most corporations the sales numbers look good for marketing (saying 1.2 Million) but that is by no means someone's profit. Heck he could have spent 1.1 Million in ads to make 1.2 Million in sales. I would not run ads for that but he may have. (I do think 30% profit for mail order sales is much more likely)

So while I agree this guy was selling mostly poor Martial Arts info I do not know how much more than creative selling he has done. I do not condone his methods, and if he has ever said he did have 4 10th Dans I am happy to tell him to his face anytime anywhere that he is full of it.

Now I think he has gone nuts being around Ross and is trying to sell anything he can now, and I would say Caveat emptor with regards to any of his stuff. The same with Ross's stuff as well. The content at the end of the day is just not good enough to warrant the money these guys charge.

As someone else mentioned on the 1st series on this guy I too have his speed hitting video and book somewhere in my home from 10 years ago. He did appear to have some knowledge to me at the time (I was a 3rd Dan then) and he had good hand speed. However I agree with the person earlier that you can not learn a thing from his tape or photocopied book. You could learn good marketing and sales hype from his ads though.

To sum up my comments I would say - I would not recommend his books, or videos to anyone personally. That is based on my own knowledge and my thoughts on the speedman tape and book I obtained a long time ago.

I have not seen any of his other materials, I can say however that the newest claims of Hunta, the silva method, and on and on just seems like this guy is trying -struggling even to pay his bills, not ready a jet for Grand Cayman Island. I think he is at a point now where he will self implode and the public will not need worry about his sales tactics much longer.

Looking at this from a wider view:(Big Picture)
    It is a shame that someone who may well have had (or has) some Martial Arts skill and knowledge is reduced to selling crap now verses teaching in a successful school somewhere when people like the GKR folks seem to be making a ton of money from their schools in Aus-and the UK and at least his stuff was or is better than theirs.

Today the sport is in a very different place than it was in the 70's or 80's when many of us started training. To me it seems to be in a sad place for most.

Was going to mention names of legends in a clever way who have lost it but then said to myself that I do not want to be that guy. Many of the legends now have seen better days and there is no one like those guys now to take their place.

Many of the MMA guys, and the other side the weapons demonstration and pretty flip in the air people these days, just do not inspire like the real Martial Arts legends did.

I have had the honor of training with and around some of the best and now these guys are in their 60's and 70's and age takes its toll on us all. To me the sad thing is that no one can fill their shoes. If someone had that charisma and real traditional arts knowledge now to promote the entire sport, like Bruce Lee did.

I think that someone like John would not have gone as crazy. He would be teaching Kempo his primary style (I think) and not be selling all this crazy stuff to make a living. He would have a school full of students that come to learn because they saw a modern day legend and want to be like him/her. He could make a living as a 5th dan and be happy in life.

Heck the GKR guys are making tons of money in Aus and the UK and they have to know less than the "speedman" does. The founder of their school is a 2nd Dan who promoted himself to 7th Dan over a 10 year period. Maybe like their marketing (which is impressive from a money only view) he promoted himself based on how much money he brings in like he did when he ran a team in Amway.

Well I do not want to sound bitter because I do not care what everyone else does truly I do not. I do worry however; that some kid is going to have a gun put in his face that trained with the "speedman" via video or at a GKR dojo/gym and that the kid will get shot.

I am not upset that I spent $49.95 or whatever it was on the tape and book 10 years ago when I was in my 20's I spent tons of money on dumb stuff. I think that is part of life.
    Last edited by MasterLeeW; 11/04/2007 8:37am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 7:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A thread worth reading on what John M. LaTourrette is doing to screw gullible people is posted at http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=17885

Of particular note is post #16, by Charlatan Buster:

Re: Dr. John M. Latourrette, Snake Oil Salesman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know someone with a serious mental illness who has been brainwashed into thinking La Tourette is the closest thing to God here on earth. He has given the bastard $100,000.00 and flies to Oregon from Australia for his seminars at least once a year. These trips are leaving him destitute and he keeps paying rent and not buying somewhere to live because he has to give money to La Tourette to learn how to secretly control people's minds etc. In fact... when caught speeding this person tried to "psychically influence" the judge. It was very sad.

I know another person who La Tourette told to "stop taking his medication" because he was "cured". The guy is now dead.

The bastard has to be stopped. The only thing he is genuinely good at is marketing to desperate people. It is just awful. He would be closed down in Australia. Guaranteed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 4:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have nothing good or bad to say about the man i have no personal experience with him or his students.... with that said he was promoted to 5'th dan by ed parker not sure of the date and to 8'th dan by al tracy i believe in 1986... and he was promoted to 10'th dan by jim mitchell in 1996 i believe... the promotion to 8'th is on al tracy's family tree on the tracy kenpo website... i have looked at his web page and from that he looks like a quack to me.. and he posts on kenpo talk and martial talk and is quite combative and ignorant when people ask about him and his programs... my 2 cents...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 10:14am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He seems paranoid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 12:21pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...sentialskills/

This is his Yahoo group on speed hitting. I joined it to see what his replies would be but lost interest and never looked. Feel free if you want. He seems to be the only poster in the group.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast