New Rules for NY tournament, what ya think?
So I am holding a $50 grappling tournament on Long Island, NY on 2/28/10
All info is at Long Island Submission Tournament : 2/28/10
No point are awarded during normal match length, only a submission ends the match. If after the time limit is reached and no sub has been made they will enter overtime which uses guard passing as a tie breaker :
"Scoring System :
1) No points are recorded during normal match time.
2) Only a submission ends a fight
3) In the event of a draw the match will enter overtime
1) One competitor will take bottom guard the other will take top guard
2) This will be decided by coin toss by the referee
3) The first competitor to score a point based on the following point system wins the match
A point will be awarded for either a Sweep, Submission or Stand-up.
A point will be awrded for Passing Guard or a Submission.
A submission will end overtime. A sweep must be held for 3 seconds to end overtime. A guard pass must end in either mount, side mount, back mount, knee on belly or north south and be held for 3 seconds to end overtime. Back mount requires both hooks inserted and must be held for 3 seconds to end overtime. If the bottom player stands up all contact must be broken below the waist, all grips must be broken and he must face his opponent to end overtime."
The weight classes are every 15lbs and juveniles have no weight classes. They are grouped according to like weights on day of weigh-in.