Trinity Training: Rochester NY
Trinity Training is an MMA gym in Rochester NY. Housed in the Victory baptist Church The school offers Mixed Martial Arts instruction in both "striking" and "ground game"
I spoke to a student of this school yesterday and feel that everything might not be on the level. The usual claims of Navy Seal, police training, "we teach MMA" all raised a series of red flags.
I have sent the instructors the following e-mail:
Further digging also turned up this website: Trinity Training.us Which seems to paint a much more legitimate picture of the school. However, in the two instructor Bio's that are filled out they reference "Paul Burress Jiu-Jitsu" as well as a very heavy Christian/Born Again slant.
Mr. Goodfriend, Mr. Stevenson, Mr. Patterson,
I had the pleasure of speaking with one of your students yesterday at R.I.T. I was surprised to learn of your school as I thought I knew all of the MMA/Combat Sports schools in the Rochester Area. I'm currently working with several online databases to compile a list of all the MMA and Combat Sports clubs in Central and Western New York.
If you could take a moment and answer the following questions I would be thrilled!
- What styles do you teach at Trinity Training?
- What ranks and certifications do your instructors hold?
- Who awarded your instructors their ranks?
- What is the average class size?
- What is the cost for classes?
- What does an average class conssit of in terms of drills, sparring, time spent etc.
- Can you give a quick description of your training space, equipment, square footage etc.
- Any other pertinent information you feel a prospective student would want to know.
I understand this is a fairly long list but having this information, in as much detail as possible, makes me job much, much, easier. it also allows me to present the best possible write up for you and your school.
Additionally, would it be possible for me to stop in and participate in a class? I like to add a first hand account to all of my reviews.
I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.
Google gave me nothing for Paul Burress Jiu-Jitsu outside of the two instructor pages. Paul Burress himself is a chaplain in the Monroe County Jail, no mention of any BJJ or Jiu-Jitsu rank.
OTM comes up blank as well.