Read this before posting in this forum
This forum is heavily moderated because it's purpose is to serve as an information resource for intermediate and advanced grapplers.
If your question involves asking how to perform a technique, post it in the Basic Technique forum. If you're asking how to refine a technique you can perform already, then it belongs in here, the Advanced Grappling Discussion forum, or AGD.
General comments like, "I'm just a beginner in grappling, but I too find the spider guard useful.", or "Good job!" will be removed as they add little technical information.
1. Stay on topic. Note that I have listed this rule first. I've deleted some of my own posts in this forum because they were not pertinent. If you make an off topic post, I will delete it.
Tangents are fine, provided they are related to the original subject manner in some way. For example, during a discussion of a technique someone brings up a MMA fight in which the technique was performed and a discussion of the fight ensues.
2. We are here to discuss intermediate and advanced grappling techniques and strategies.
3. Tournament and seminar announcements are also acceptable. Comments in the tournament thread will not be moderated as heavily to encourage more discussion.
The following should always be included when listing a seminar.
1. Date and time.
2. Name of location along with a physical address. Include the state/region.
3. Name of instructor(s) and a brief list of their qualifications.
4. Cost of seminar.
5. Class scheduling with descriptions of the different classes offered.
Threads about basic grappling do not belong in this forum. The Basic Technique forum exists for you to ask questions regarding basic technique. Some examples of basic technique questions are; "How do I improve my triangle?", "How do I break grips" or if you begin your thread with the statement, "I've only been grappling for six months but . . .".
4. If you have any doubts, or you're at the beginner level in grappling, you should probably send me a private message with your idea before you post a thread in Advanced Grappling.