State Military Reserves and Jim Wagner
[quote=Jeff C.]The California State Military Reserve is not a component of the federal military forces. They are not Army Reserve, nor are they National Guard, which is a component of the Army Reserve. They are a state entity only, and are protected from being drafted, ordered, or called into the federal armed forces. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Forces The National Guard is a federal force that can be used by the Governor of the state they are stationed in. National Guardsmen swear an oath not only to the President/Constitution, but also to the Governor of the state.
If I may I would like to touch on a few things that you are debating on.
The california state military reserves are a legel military organization under the military and veterans code. Just like the national guard we swear oath to the governer of the state and are held to the military uniform code of military justice. The national guard are title 32 and are not title 10 federalized until they are sent overseas. (look it up) the governor has to give up command of his state troops to the president. We are also title 32 and cannot be title 10 federalized. Mainly due to state and federal funding laws nothing more. Do we get paid (YES)when put on activation at a federal pay grade thank you.
OK NOW THE WAGNER PART:
1. wagner is a real sergeant in a real MP unit
2. I am on the state combatives martial arts team. Is wagner? NO AND NEVER WILL BE
3. we teach combat techniques and civilian law enforcement technioues to national guard soldiers and are qualified to do so (one of the qulifications be task force warrior) is wagner? NO, I have never seen him at any of the qualifications. It is a small group he would have been recognized.
4. We have to pass Army military police training before being allowed to teach it. Is wagner? NO, wagner has still not met the qualifications.
5. 98 percent of the soldiers in my unit are recently seperated military police or actual army rangers. The other 2 percent are real civillian law enforcement officers that join up to teach civillian law enforcement to soldiers. (it sickens me to see people ride the coat tails of what honarable people do and claim it as their own)
6. LAST BUT NOT LEAST: how can Wagner teach anything when he is never at drill? How many times have you been deployed with our unit dude?
Stop taking pictures next to hummers and saying your training overseas. The **** is getting old, and you make us soldiers that actually care about these young kids going off to war look bad. We believe in quality training that may actually save a soldiers life not that bullshit you try to pass of as REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE.
Thank you Bullshido for your time.