Jim Wagner's military, police, counter-terror creds in question.
Jim Wagner writes for Black Belt Magazine and was placed into their hall of fame as self defense instructor of the year. Wagner claims police service, military service, and counter terrorism experience. And writes lots o' articles about knife fighting/sniping ect.
The POW Network ran a recent story on him and now Hoch Hocheim has called elements of Wagners CV into question. I've never seen Hoch go off on a named individual before and I think that Hoch is pretty level headed. Many of you also know of the respect I have for the POW Network's research.
So here are the links and Hoch's list of unanswered questions for Jim Wagner.
Post by Hock
"It has become apparent that Wagner is answering the POW network. (For the record I have nothing to do that at all. Zero,) Wagner's response is a small...well.. ell, actually, medium-sized "book", as one might expect because Wagner is really a skilled wordsmith, and as one might expect it is rife with subtle advertsing and self-aggrandizement. Honestly I would glady run it here but it is rife with Wagnerisms and Wagneristic ads. But i want to get his reponse out in the case of fairness.
And it has become apparent that he has also read this talk forum. (Jim W. you can use my name anytime with absolute impunity - I really don't care.) If we or I am wrong about something let's all clear it up, in SIMPLE, quick sentences. Fast. Right here. Now. I'd be happy too. No ads please.) I would really like to post your circulating response to be fair...But it is hideiously LONG. Its a snoozer. Jim, if you are reading this now...I cannot tell hide-nor-hair of what the bottom-line truth is? I/we here and elsewhere would more than welcome right here, real simple answers to few questions to clear things up. Just a line or two.
1) Do you have any Black Belts? (yes or no and in what)
2) Did you really believe that you were beginner/founder/father of "reality-based training" in 1996 or 1997?
3) Were you ever an active duty, full time, street cop? (yes or no, will do. Nothing against the reserves, we are just wondering)
4) Did you actively raid and perform actual SWAT jobs? About how many? Prove it. Give us a name.
5) How many High risk diplomatic escorts did you REALLY do in Costa Mesa, CA?
6) Did you ever say or advertise, or suggest that you were in US Army Special Forces? Some of your early ads do? And some of your early students seem to think you were in South America with the SF (I know you are not responsible for what your students say. I understand this can be confusing.)
7) Did you feel funny at all when you said you did 240 counter-terrorism missions? What is that all about? (By the way, the quote about - "yeah, they are called flights," - came from a sky marshal that knew you. I did not make that quote up)
8- Do you know Chuck Habermelh, police and police trainer?
9) For years, the "Sergeant" moniker you used was just an ad-nickname right? Then you became a real SGT in the state military reserves recently? This seems to be an issue in the POWNET.
10) Why do you never mention HSS International in your resume?
11) In your response to the POWNET you claim you have "investigated thousands of crimes." In your limited, reserve experience, when and how have you investigated thousands of crimes?
12) You say, you taught a myriad of courses at Camp Pendleton. What and to whom? Give us some names and who?
13) Why exactly were you forced to leave the Sky Marshals?
Any one else have any questions to add here? Simple questions requiring one or two line answers.
Jim, we welcome your equal time response. But, please..one or two line answers? I will tell you right up front that I admire your time in the police and military reserves, and the Sky Marshalls. I also have to admire your writing skills, which tells me you have a high intelligence. I do still believe you are walking billboard of exaggerated, stretched claims and advertising. (But, so to is Timex watches and Volvos...you know?) Never has so little been made into so much.
I share the seminar marketing field with tens of other traveling seminar teachers. In a way we all work together to help bolster the indiviual out there. I have no burning animosity to you and we share some students and we also teach people who don't know each other. No burn, but you know, smell to me. Something stinks! Change my mind, Bubba. Answer these questions.
And again Jim, I have had nothing to do with that posting that on the POWNetwork. Zip. Zero. Nothing. But now that you have drawn me into this.....