hope this isn't considered necro but...
i have trained under sanders and one of his studentents Dan Suchon. My first day of class Sanders told me he fought in the the nhb tournament that inspired the movie "bloodsport", although he pointed out that that the "Chineese would never have called it a Kumite." Aparentely noone told him Dux had been exposed as a fraud. While I trained under him Sanders claimed these thingS:
!. Chineese bare knucke champion with over 200 fights under his belt.
2."kumiter winer " (see above)
3. able to knock people out without touching them(there's no defense to chi blasts).
4. Rorion Gracie was so impressed by his ground fighting skills that he awareded him a bjj black belt at a clinic.
5. He is a 6th dan in Judo. Ok, i currently train under a Machado bb in bjj ( William Vandry) , and it seriously took a good month to unlearn all the shity groundfighting i had aquired from his "judo/aki jujitsu" background.
6. He was in the special forces during vietnam (lot's of hand 2 hand combat) * sigh*
7. He was in the CIA after Vietnam ( EVEN MORE H2h Combat). *more sigh*
8. He was a PKA kickiboxing champ in the 70's with a 100-5 record. THe 5 loses he said were do to disqualification with his opponents "leaving on stretchers." Note: the PKA website makes no mention of him.
Ok, All this being said ,he actually is a legite JKD instructor under Inosonto, I dont know the cause for his outlandish claims, (there was an article on Dux that said somthing to effect of people wanting to live a richer lives than they actually had). I can personally attest to ZERO aliveness during traing and ZERO sparing (way to deadly to simulate).
Great, now i feel depressed about the last two years of my life, thanks Bullshido!