Out side of comps, my judo instructor doesn't care what kind of gi you wear. We all wear plain, non-pimped white gis becasue no one wants to look like an ass. On the other hand in bjj we have all sorts of chaos going on. But in both sides, none of it is done because of rules.
1. Black uniforms are required for adult class.
2. White uniforms are required for kids classes.
3. Advanced youth may wear black gi pants.
4. Uniforms must be clean and pressed.
5. T-shirt or sports bra may be worn under the uniform. T-shirt or sports bra must match uniform or color of current belt.
6. Black belt students may wear black, white or a combination of black, red and white.