Email from Tony Anthony and my reply
Grace & peace to you in the name of our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Further to your email I certainly got the sense that you are seemingly unaware of how it is full of false testimony, men's lies and unfair persecutions - all of which are spoken of in 1 Peter 2.
We only follow in the example of our Lord, and so I would like you to know that I harbour no bitter feelings towards you whatsoever. Should you be interested in asking respectful questions regarding the validity of my testimony, then I would be more than glad to have that conversation.
PS: Please feel free to view the following Avanti links:
- Our latest Gospel Presentation: http://www.avantiministries.com/think.php
- Avanti Overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBJfb8cuzGI
- 2009 Ministry Overview: http://www.humyo.com/F/29801-2149555431
- Avanti Website: http://www.avantiministries.com
- Release Website: http://www.releaseconference.com
Keep on keeping on...
Avanti Ministries Ltd
I hope you are well. Thank you for your response.
I'm aware of how the spiritual airwaves can be full of deception etc. You are right. I'm remember how Brother Yun was slandered.
Thank you for being willing to answer my questions
I've studied the questions people want you to answer. A difficulty is that you don't seem to answer them. From memory I can list a few here. You will either then answer them or not. A lot of people seem very frustrated that while you say you are open to answer questions - you don't do that. I'll list some now. Perhaps you'd take the time to answer them? I'm open to be convinced - willing to be convinced if you will actually answer the honest questions that arise?.
Tony I believe your story that as a Christian Youth Worker you lied and hid the fact of having killed a lady by accident. Can you see how this shows a response of willingness to tell lies in a Christian context?
We are told to test all things. Your publisher and co author didn't test any facts - when people legitimately want to test what you say - you promise responses but, so far, no one gets a full response that actually answers legitimate questions. It's fair for you to expect people to ask you to show some facts and show that you are not lying in a Christian context? You think I seem unaware that Christian Leaders are lied about .... can you be unawere that Paul didn't cease for three years, with tears, to warn the Ephesian Elders to be on their guard because from among themselves wolves would come trying to gain a following? What's wrong with people asking legitimate questions?
For me Tony - you will either answer these or not. If you answer them fairly I'll be willing and able to correct anyone who challenges me about your story.
If you don't answer them I have to keep my wariness.
Pleaee don't give a vague catch all answer about having to change details to protect... if you do I will think you are being wily.
In no particular order:
- Why do you say your name is changed from the one you used in China to protect your family from Chinese relatives when any relative could find you as your story is high profile and published?
- Why has Wikipaedia removed your biography - they are quite objective?
- Can you supply Wikipaedia with evidence so that they can treat your story with respect?
- Why don't you answer your critics and publish the schedule of places you will be speaking?
- Why haven't you kept the promise you gave your publisher to put a Q&A section on your website that answers all the questions?
- Why do you keep putting off arranged dates to meet some of your most puzzled questioners?
- Why does Companies House have two birthdates for you on their records - 1969 and 1971 with an occupation listed as Insurance broker?
- How could you have been an underage profeesional Body Guard - what is the timeline?
- Saudi Arabia had/has no Ambassodor to Cyprus - how is this explained?
- It's not illegal to practice Kung Fu in Scaninavia - how is this explained?
- If the organization you became Champion three times with was small and illegal and little known - why do you give the impression that you were a World Champion - isn't this a wrong impression?
- I remember you saying your Grandfather put a rude sign around your neck and stood you in a back alley where you were attacked by many - from the time line of your life - you defeated this crowd of locals while still a child - maybe eleven - please explain?
- Many wonder about the white tiger - according to experts they didn't/don't exist in South China - please explain?
- You've offered a CD that proves your story - why is there no one from your past before Michael Wright on the CD and why doesn't it directly answer all the questions people are asking?
- Why don't you show yourself able to speak whatever diallect of Chinese you spoke in - many would like you to prove you can speak in a Chinese dialect - why isn't such proof forthcoming, on CD or on your Q & A.
- Caponey was convicted as a rapist a few years after you left prison - why is he described in your book as being a convicted rapist in prison with you?
- People note the similarities with your story and the David Caradine opening sequences - with him passing tests by carrying burning liquid in a vessel with his forearms etc. Looking back I accepted your story of passing the tests while marvelling that it's humanly possible to do those things. Why don't you supply some proof that such tests were used and show clearly the burns marks you received?
- Peoples' thorough research produces the fact that there were no systems of coloured belts in use in Kung Fu when you said you received belts. Research shows the dates belts were first used as later. Can you establish different?
- Your journey by camel long distance through desert the first time you ever rode a camel is described as more out of a Hollywood movie than really possible? Can you explain in a way that makes it more real?
- Someone claims that after travelling with you for six weeks in New Zealand you used his teaching notes. I heard you say they were your own - they impressed me and helped calm my misgivings at your pre conversion story. The person says you took them and when challenged told him you felt fine to use them as you'd already been thinking those thoughts before you read them. This man says his consolation is that his work is being used to build people up, but he is very unipressed with you. Is there another version of this or are you pretending to have written powerful teaching notes when you copied someone else's work?
- Why don't you publicly reconcile with this guy - so you both have the same story?
- Someone has discovered an Anthony Antoni was born in 1969 in North London to a Cypriot Mother. Why don't you provide some proof that your mother was Chinese?
- It does seem convienient that you say you have had no contact with your parents for many years. It doesn't seem Christian Tony - where is blessing those that curse you - not staying away from them but going the extra mile and honouring your parents by at least sending gifts and visiting occassionally? It does seem convienient when people are wondering if you have a Chinese Mother - why not end the misgivings people have?
- It seems very convienient to not use your real name, never see your parents. Why not provide some details that people can research and prove to themselves the truth of your story - name the school you attended as a young teenager so people can see the school records, show ANY proofs of your life before meeting Michael Wright?
- You have said you were a Coach with a Kung Fu organization. No one can find any proof this organization existed or that you were a Coach. As you have mentioned this organization's name why didn't/don't you get someone who you taught, or someone from the organization to speak on your CD you made to prove the facts of your story?
- - and why don't you put such proofs on the Q&A section as you said you would to your publisher - and as his letter to people puzzled about you promised you would?
- This could be a sensitive question and I ask it respectfully. People suspect your blind Scandinavian girlfriend didn't exist. There will be a death certificate. People are so motivated to prove your story's truth - that they would welcome and go to the effort of checking such details. Many of your critics want to be reassured - many non Christians want to be reassured. Why not give some hard facts that can be proved?
Tony you just wrote this to me: 'Should you be interested in asking respectful questions regarding the validity of my testimony, then I would be more than glad to have that conversation.'
I believe the questions above are respectful. I'm open, and want, to believe you are genuine. Please respond to the questions above regarding the validity of your testimony. Can you understand that if you don't answer these specific questions there is no substance to your words about being more than glad to have this conversation - while if you do answer these questions many puzzled people will be relieved and non Christian Martial Arts specialists will have good reason to drop the barriers to the Good News that your story has raised.
The debate about your pre-Christian life is gathering momentum from what I saw. The expectation is that hard facts are going to emerge soon which will validate or disprove your testimony.
Please validate your testimony by answering the respectful questions above and respond to me. I would suggest you then publish the same answers on the Q&A section of your website and put an end to the building specualtion that is out there.
When did I send the questions?
I originally wrote a few days ago. I read 50 plus pages of this thread late into the night before I wrote. I had the reply today and sent off those questions a few hours ago. The questions pretty much summarize all the different info I remember from those fifty or so pages I read and several years of peoples' research.
As you can see I'm a Christian and I heard Tony speak a few years ago. I'm not involved with Martial Arts and I joined today simply to post.
Clean and clear, researchable answers from Tony will sort this all out. I've posted his email here, and my questions, so that whoever's meeting Tony Monday can know about his email and these questions that I've asked him. I'll post any response for everyone's benefit.
I think Tony can clear this up with an open and full response. I personally know genuine friends with powerful and true stories of changed lives. I've experienced such myself. If Tony's conversion is real the fruit of it will now show with a healthy and full response that clears everything up. Jesus said that people will know the genuine by the fruit produced from the hidden roots. Genuine roots in the Christian faith will produce a clean, open and true response.
I'd like to say well done to everyone over the years here who has contributed to a constructive approach. People have worked hard. I've been impressed by a willingness from many to give Tony a chance to be proven right. If he's genuine it's going to show now and next Monday.
If he's not it's very sad and there must be one terrible sink hole of pretence in his past. Very sad for his family. Jesus told a parable about a man who built his house on rock and another who built on sand. When the storm came one house stood the other collapsed - and the collapse was big.
There is an official multi church organization here in the UK called the Evangelical Alliance that many of the churches Tony works with would be a member of it. I don't know about Canada or the USA. If it's proven that he's built all this on sand they ought to know - and all similar orgs around the world.
If all this actually built on solid rock - I expect a response from Tony that shows it.
Your meeting and my questions..
I'll be interested to see how your meeting turns out and will post any reply I get within 12 hours of getting it. I do suggest you ask him to speak several sentences in whatever Chinese dialect.
Ask to meet someone from his previous life / childhood.
I'll state here and now I'm open to him being convincing but the fob offs or vagueness others have described will be very unlike the response of a genuine Christian evangelist.
There's enough people who've done enough work and questionning for Tony, as a person who gives a public message, to be obliged now to be publicly convincing. If he can be he should be.
Go for it for the sake of truth. Everyone will benefit.
Can you take a friend with you so that if Tony does go vague over your questions the other can reflect and form questions to bring him back to what he needs to be specific and clear about? And confirm what he says.
Well done for making the effort to see him face to face.