The Whoreian Gracie appeciation thread.
Share with your community pieces of BS that Rorian has said (or done). Off the top of my head;
1) He sued for excusive rights to use the term "Gracie Jujitsu".
2) That "triangle me"guard pass.
The next few are things said on Gracie Jujitsu In Action:
3) He states that Judo players are familiar with "basic" ground-grappling. Hello, where does BJJ originate from? I know that some Judoka might not spend much time on newaza, but I believe most have more than "basic" newaza skills.
4) He says that when he travelled to America he searched far and wide for a martial arts dojo that addressed the reality of ground-grappling. Did he visit any Judo dojos in that time? Submission wrestling? Sambo?
5) He refers to Kimura several times as a Jujitsu fighter, he's a Judo fighter.
6) He never mentions that it was Judo that was taught to Carlos by Maeda, and instead calls it Jujitsu.
7) He suggests on his webpage that all grappling styles come from Gracie Jujitsu.
That's all I can remember at the moment. Is Rorian ashamed of BJJ's Judo roots or something? Does Judo sound to sporty for a "street fighting style" to develop from?