Ok in Hapkido we have and drill two kicks specificly for targeting the groin ( that I know of so far ) on both males and females .
I consider Groin Shots to be pressure points as far as effectiveness . Some people can take them two or three in a row .. other crumple and drop immediatly .
1. Floppy Footed Snap Punt
- This kick thrown from the front or back leg
- It is almost identical to our front snap kick up untill you make contact
- the foot is kept "floppy" throughout the kick ( supposedly keep the testicles from escaping some how )
- you should contact the groin with the very top of your arch almost at the ankle
- as contact is made instead of pulling back or rechambering the kick .. think " punt " and continue to raise/straighten the leg .
- you should feel their pelvic bone hitting the very bottom of the shin/top of ankle.
- finish up with close range techniques
- short range strikes
- take downs
- standing locks
Then you have the Snappy Floppy Groin Kick
- Snappy Floppy Groin Kick
- This kick is thrown from the front or back leg
- This kick is a snap kick .. except the goal it to "snap the groin" with the top of your toes right at the knuckles .
- when done properly you should feel their "stuff" squish between your toes (male or female )
- again the whip motion and floppy foot are suppose to keep the target from rolling or running away from the contact point .
- this kick leaves you with room to laugh and point if it stuns them or you can close the gap and follow up as you wish .
- this kick is on my sparring video in the BBC video section ... it is the end of the second match .. accidental on my part but my form was perfect ...
... I know groin shots arent the end all be all . But I figured I would share a little bit of the lesser known techniques .
Do any other of you stylists out there have a groin shot technique you would like to share ?
I have no idea what these kicks are actually called ... the names are what we call them in class .