Stretching with Resistance Bands
The youtube videos from ElMacho's thread were taken down...
I'm not flexible, which hinders my ability to do (static) stretches alone. I believe using resistance bands will help me stretch better and augment flexibility, hopefully helping hip mobility for BJJ.
I'd be using the bands after my BJJ class finishes, and at home. Just in case it's important, we use dynamic stretching when we begin the class.
How do I get about this? Aside from Stretching Scientifically, any reccomended resources?
- Youtube's "Stretching with resistance bands-Aguirre Fitness" is so far my reference. Chick is hot, too.
- Youtube's "Hip Mobility and band stretches" seems helpful, too. Dude is buffed, if you swing that way.
- Exrx has some stretches using towels, but I don't know which are the best, which to choose, or how to put them together.
- The Resistancebandtraining web has some stretches and a pdf titled "Band Stretches for Baseball" by Dave Schmitz, which seem helpful.
- I should be getting Stretching Scientifically in a couple weeks, but I don't know if there is any band usage there.
Ty in advance.