How to fire full-auto
Short post on firing on full auto
1. Your support arm should be forward, grabbing the handguard at the 3oclock or 9oclock position (left hand or right hand). This allows you to control the recoil very well.
2. Shoulder your rifle properly
3. The support arm should push the rifle into your shoulder, snugly. This way your firing hand has minimal input on the movement of your rifle. Keep it like that the entire time. You should be able to drop your shooting hand and the rifle should stay right where it is.
4. With your waist area as a hinge, lean forward into the target. Almost like a kung-fu stance.
5. Put most of your weight in your front foot. 80% on the front foot, 20% on the other.
6. Trigger is now an on-off switch. Not so much as a delicate mechanism you have to squeeze and follow-through. Treat it as such.
7. Short, controlled bursts (though in this video I go a bit too much)
I don't fire full-auto that often. Can't afford the ammo. But if you guys are ever in the Orlando, FL area and would like to go shooting, let me know. We do have a few MG's that we're planning to build.
Lean into it baby!!!
Chest forward...ass sticking out....
With short bursts.
Originally Posted by tgace
Short controlled bursts
Pedant's note re #4: generally hinging forward at the waist is bad kung fu.
Ever seen World War II footage of troops operating SMGs by essentially getting into a horse stance and spraying full auto from the hip?
As per #2....
YMMV, but some folks like to "center hold" a sub-gun/auto carbine. Shoulder the weapon closer to the sternum than the shoulder pocket....lean into it, shoulders rolled forward and ass out. This pushes straight into the torso vs rotational push on the shoulder.
A problem with this technique for tac use is the slickness of body armor...without stops on the vest the stock tends to slide to the shoulder after a few bursts.
When to shoot full auto.
1. When you you need to suppress the enemy in place so your buddies can maneuver to put accurate fire on target. Or evac.
2. To defeat enemies cover / armor
3. You have **** tons of ammo and are too tired to aim