Calf Cramps due to F*cked Up toes?
So for the last couple of weeks I have been dealing with calf cramps during rolls (mostly the last roll). It is only one calf, my right one. I have two seriously banged up toes, actually the joints between my toes (the two ones next to the Big one) and the foot are just hurting one and off. And the calf cramps seem to go hand in hand with the days I am having the issues.
Here are the things I know that have changed:
- my toes are acting up
- it is getting cold around here
- I have been lifting heavy (for my standards) with a strong focus on squats/Dead lifts
What I have tried so far:
- Hydration, I drink lots during the day and I make it a point to hydrate before class and get as much in during as I can/feel fine with
- I eat at least one banana a day
- I try to have a balanced and healthy diet (For the last 3-4 Months)
Is it possible to get those cramps due to trying to ease off from my toes? When I cramp only the two toes that have the issue crawl up in a mess and I need minutes to stretch out.
I have read the other thread around here on cramps and all I have left to try is to add some potassium/coconut water and start stretching very specifically just to help prevent the issue.