Suggestions of the day:
1) People should maybe pay a little more attention to the forum they're in.
2) This should get stickied before it gets lost in the sauce; possibly give it a new title that lets noobs know this is important gym etiquette.
At my new MMA class there is a guy who feigns injury rather than tap
At first I was all 'are you OK man?'
Now I'm all ' If you're injured you'd better not play'
Me: keep your hands up
Him: But "a name of a famous fighter" keeps them down.
Me: (dreams to sucker punch him as hard as i can, and say "you ain't him you cock).
instead i say: well when he started, he too kept his hands up.
This is McDojoism at it's core; the "Karate Kid-ification" of Martial Arts..
1) Placate swollen egos with visions of board breaking and
2) kiais of confidence while
3) taking their money and
4) transferring little to no practical skills.