Wow...that sounds nasty....in a good way:)
Whole bunch of yellow belts here. Probably going to get another one at the end of August.
Hopefully this time I'll stay in one place long enough to get some other colours.
- I was born wearing a blackbelt in awesomeness.
- When I was 9 I hit my Judo instructor with a planet.
- At the age of 11 my kung fu was so strong the animals discarded their own style and started mimicking me.
- For my first kickboxing match my opponent gave up before stepping in the ring. He does ball room dancing.
- I once appeared at seminar of masters, they learned a lot that day.
- I won a full contact match by breaking a guys hand on my face.
- An opponent broke his foot when kicking me in the nuts.
- I kicked a guy so hard out of the ring I left my foot print on his chest.
- I took on 4 blackbelts during one of my tests. They decided to take up ballroom dancing too.
So one fine day I'm training with my guro and he says "let's do some single stick," then "let's do some double stick," then espada y daga, single dagger, double dagger, and finished with empty hands.
"Congratulations," he said, holding out his hand.
Shaking his hand, I said "Thanks, Pete. For what?"
"You're now an arnis black belt."
I liked that - free of all the hoopla and baggage.
Awesome, OP does Keysi.
I've been looking for a Keysi fighter, hope returns!
I'm in the middle period of my Goju Yellow belt. Have a thread about it in the traditional forum. Test was a tough, albeit fun experience. It's been about a month since I got my yellow, and since I go fairly often and consistently I should be able to go up to orange by the start of the school year in September.
Yellow belt test was more about knowledge of the basics and the basic Kata. Orange belt tests seems like its about fighting basics, and perfecting basic kata.
I once broke a bored by having a party.