Below is a digest of SB 1. It is public document as as such should have no copyright infringement issues. So please don't ban me.
The digest was posted to clearly identify the purpose behind the bill and promote debate.
DIGEST OF SB 1 (Updated March 1, 2012 11:52 am - DI 84)
Self defense. Specifies that a person may use reasonable force against any other person in certain circumstances. Provides that a person is justified in using reasonable force against a law enforcement officer if the person reasonably believes the force is necessary to:
(1) protect the person or a third person from unlawful force;
(2) prevent or terminate the law enforcement officer's unlawful entry into the person's dwelling; or
(3) prevent or terminate the law enforcement officer's criminal interference with property lawfully in the person's possession.
Specifies that a person is not justified in using force against a law enforcement officer if:
(1) the person is committing or is escaping after the commission of a crime;
(2) the person provokes action by the law enforcement officer with intent to injure the law enforcement officer;
(3) the person has entered into combat with the law enforcement officer or is the initial aggressor; or
(4) the person reasonably believes the law enforcement officer acting lawfully or is engaged in the lawful execution of the law enforcement officer's official duties.
Provides that a person is not justified in using deadly force against a law enforcement officer who the person knows or reasonably should know is a law enforcement officer unless:
(1) the person reasonably believes that the law enforcement officer is acting unlawfully or is not engaged in the execution of the officer's official duties; and
(2) the force is reasonably necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person.