I would agree here to, but cannot see, how this was part of the discussion.
I have no books on that at hand, not my field of interest anyway. just what I recall. be my guest.
1. short answer impossible to me, and I am not an expert on this anyway
2. besides old handbooks, noone knows. everybody that watched it is dead now. my guess: fast, stabbling, cutting and tricking. laying on speed.
3. for a singlehanded sword, 700 - 1200 g (2 to 3 pound)
4. sharp end 3 mm, other end 7 mm
5. I have no idea, nor have I noticed it to be on topic.
I doubt the answers on japanese swords will be so much more accurate than on any other historical weapon. My guess is, japanese experts ears are going to bleed for the crap people talk about katana no matter what.
well enough answers on european swords seem more likely to me.
So far I did. Stil, this is no school-test. my point IS NOT about nerdish historic-tool-data. I made my point clear and there evidence is still lacking. and now brat, do me that favor and deliver evidence on what you claim or cut that part.
this is not about other art-practitioneers, be it chinese, japanese, etc.
this is about you and your rubbish statements. you duck answering questions, propably not even reading them, playing drama and heavily exeggerating to the point of irritation.
this is an english-speaking-forum, try to keep it that way, please.
2. Respected authors like Stephen Turnbull and David Nicolle write in favor of East. Random Katana fan sites full of crap. And of course bullshit shows (myth #8) on TV.
3. If you ever visit a "Mittelaltermarkt" (= Rennaisance Fair) ask all the guys with swords about weapons 'n stuff, and of course some visitors. There you'll see.
OK, that's it, Im fukin retire. If some CMA practs wanna believe in inferiority of Europe, believe what you want. And not be shocked when you discover that Hollywood movies and Anime are bullsrap, as well as "expert opinions" from Peter Woodward or Alan Baker.
No more trolling and OFFTOPIC there.
Europe surrenders again!
Kenning, shouldn't you be out occupying a Mediterranean tax ministry telling them how to pay their taxes and not be slovenly Katzenfresser.Quote:
My name is Kenning and I came from Germany to launch a blitzkrieg on an argument none of you have made.
None of you are actually building the strawman I want to attack.
Entschuldigung, but I must rant at this strawman I'm so determined to argue with, even if it means making up my own arguments to argue against myself.